WTB 1943 M1 Garand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB 1943 M1 Garand

Hello everyone! I'm currently in the market for a rifle. Looking for a rifle with a serial number of about 1.5 million or lower, dating it to April 1943 or earlier if its an SA, 1.3 million or lower for a WRA. This will be used for blanks, but also will have live rounds put through occasionally. But it'll mostly be for reenacting and displays so it doesn't have to be immaculate. If it has mismatched parts that's ok too, just has to function and not fall apart and have a 1.5 million receiver, and maybe a correct stock and barrel. But in all actuality the receiver is the most important part. I'd prefer to meet face to face. I am in central PA. Hoping to finally end my search. Thank you all!

Is there any reason why it has to be 1.5 mil 1943 SA or earlier ?
    Looking for SA bayonet 1045220

Comment

Originally posted by jak View Post
      Is there any reason why it has to be 1.5 mil 1943 SA or earlier ?
      I'm a WWII US reenactor and collector and I'd like to be able to put together a rifle that would be correct datewise for use with my various impressions and setups. To do that I'd need one with a SN that dates to early to mid 1943 or earlier. After I have that, I'll end up swapping parts out to make it all correct. I know it may seem like a small, nitpicky detail, but I'm a bit of a perfectionist and I strive for little details. I hope you see where I'm coming from 😁

Comment

I was asking because I have a SA 2.55 mil with 2-44 barrel that I am planning to sell. I live in eastern Pa.
        Last edited by jak; 08-05-2022, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jak View Post
          I was asking because I have a SA 2.55 mil with 2-44 barrel that I am planning to sell. I live in eastern Pa.
          Do you have an email I can contact you through?

Comment

PM sent with info.

Comment

I have a Winchester. Nice green-ish patina on the receiver, annealed heel, 10-43 SA barrel (wartime replacement?). See images: https://photos.app.goo.gl/GL7dcuwKLyM1zu3w6
              Last edited by adanac; 08-14-2022, 10:54 PM.
              Sorry Mr. President, the people we defeated in WW2 were not "fine people," and America's war dead are not "suckers" and "losers."

Comment

Originally posted by adanac View Post
                I have a Winchester. Nice green-ish patina on the receiver, annealed heel, 10-43 SA barrel (wartime replacement?). See images: https://photos.app.goo.gl/GL7dcuwKLyM1zu3w6
                Thanks! PM sent!

Comment

Working...
                X