Looking to get an 1942 m1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking to get an 1942 m1

I started putting together a WWII display to honor my grandfather. I have a mauser and an arisaka from 1942. So with keeping with the pattern I would like to get my hands on an 42 garand. Any idea how much one in nice shape costs? Thanks

All correct or a rebuild with mixture of parts?

Comment

If you don't care about a particular month of manufacture for 1942 you can go from serial number 429,812 to 1,090,310 for a Springfield. For a 1942 era Winchester your S/N range is 144110 to 165500, 1200001 to 1203692, 1210472 to 1276102. A garand from 1942 with all the correct parts will cost much more than a 1942 era garand rebuilt with WWII parts and post war parts. If you don't care about having all the correct parts, I would at least try to get a Springfield 1942 S/N garand with a 1942 barrel. The garand barrel on the Springfield is the only part on the entire rifle with the month and year stamped on it.
      Looking for SA bayonet 1045220

Comment

• Belldandy4087
        Belldandy4087 commented
        Editing a comment
        Any suggestions on where to look for 1942 Springfield? I am clueless on where to get more vintage rifles

My personal opinion is I don’t own a firearm that I can’t shoot. So while an all matching would be nice, a rebuilt one would be more than satisfactory. Thanks

Comment

If you live within driving distance of Port Clinton, Ohio or Anniston, Alabama you can visit the CMP (Civilian Marksmanship Program) stores and look through the rifles. There is no guarantee they will have what you want at that particular time but they do restock. The staff should be able to help you. You can put a Want To Buy ad on the CMP forum. Finally you can look at the gun auction sites. If you do see something on an auction site let us know and we could tell you if it is a good deal or not.
        Looking for SA bayonet 1045220

Comment

If you are still looking I have 3 built in 1942. All correct.

Comment

Working...
          X