Wanted SA GHS stock for my 1941 M1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted SA GHS stock for my 1941 M1

Looking for a SA, GHS stock.I do have a complete WRA bolt if youd like to trade ill put cash on top [email protected]

Be prepared to pay up to $700 or more for a real nice example. There have been some lesser SA/GHS stocks just sell on CMP forum for $350 or so

Comment

How much do Mastiff pups go for now? Maybe trade on for a stock!

Comment

How about a nice M1D for a puppy scope and all

Comment

That much they are going for?? Mine was worth every penny!

Comment

I have a used stock. It has the G and crossed cannon cartoches but I don't see other markings. Where do I look for Springfield and date?
            I bought the stock along with a used Springfield barrel dated 12/1950 a few years ago here in Houston. The seller told me that he bought them both from Shucks (sp) Parkerizing and he planned to assemble a 1950 Garand to give to his father, who was in the service that year. His father passed before the rifle was completed. I have two mid-50's Garands and bought the barrel as a spare. I have just decided to sell both. Don't need them. Let me know if you want photos. [email protected]

Comment

​​ Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5276[1].JPG
Views:	184
Size:	2.12 MB
ID:	29758

Correction on the markings I find on the M1 stock I have. It has the square with five stars in a circle formation inside the box, on the left side. It has the P in a circle on the small of the stock. The stock has sufficient scratches that lead me to believe it has seen service in the field, but it is solid, without cracks or major damage. I have both pieces and they are in similar condition. The butt plate and shoulder strap posts are rust free. The butt plate does not look like it has been rubbed on concrete or asphalt. Not on anything abrasive. There is no cleaning kit in the butt plate. I see no numbers on it or any indication of the manufacturer.
              The crossed cannons I mentioned earlier are on the barrel and not on the wood. The wood looks to be dark Walnut. It has a satin type shine to it. It does not appear to have ever been refinished.
              Upon closer inspection, I notice there is a possible 3/4 inch square stenciled on the left side, and it could have faded letters inside the square. But it is worn and difficult to read.

Can anyone give me advice on how and where to look for more information on the M1 stock and grip? Can anyone tell me more about this stock from the photos?

Is it likely a 40's or 50's era stock and how can you tell?

What could it be worth to someone who is looking for a used stock to build a 'correct' era rifle?

Thanks

image widget

Comment

From the pictures in your for sale add it appears to be a Post War SA stock
                Last edited by Orlando; 06-03-2021, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Well its not what im wanting. But i have an HRA stock like youre describing How about a picture of the left side where the cartouche is placed.

Comment

Working...
                  X