Has anybody bought ammo from this here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anybody bought ammo from this here

Really don’t know what’s going on with this company, PackRat some kinda biding site, has any Troopers on this site delt with them? claims he has all kinds of Ammo, but is sold out on about everything, in 30/06 M-2 150gr ball. Some in 250 round sealed asking 700.00 w shipping, that is the only thing showing in stock. That’s about $2.80 a round.
    Last edited by AJ Brink; 12-13-2020, 10:38 AM.

Ouch, $2.80 a round is expensive. Are you strictly looking for period correct ammo or are you just looking for Garand ammo?

Comment

Hi Breezer: all I want for Christmas is 150gr 30/06 M-2 ball. That round I can use in my Garand or My 1903. When I go to our local range I am not a lot of ammo shooter usually 20 rounds, and ya his ammo is at scalp prices, I think he is only selling at bulk rates 250 rounds are 400.00. Been looking at Gun Broker, I think I made a deal, but I haven’t heard if my bid won 5 more days and no reserve! Yesterday I spent all day went to 9 different shops, nothing in 30/06 but I got 50 rounds of 223. He would only sell you one zip lock bag, per customer. I like that, keeps the horders at Bay, one of my stops was Cabellas, on the internet they claim they have all kinds of ammo, only shot gun in all gauges. The shelf’s were full of plastic ammo cans. Went to one store, a metal Military small can for 30 cal was $45.00. Blows my mind, have a great holiday Salute AJ

Comment

AJ, have you tried the CMP store? I live an hour from the north store so I go very so often. Their match grade 30.06 for the Garand is $186 for 200 rounds and feee shipping. Whelp, I just went onto the CMP E-Store and they are sold out. I will try to make a run over to Camp Perry in January. If they have some I will pick a box of 200 up and if you would like to buy it from me through PayPal or something. I’ll only charge you the cost of the ammo and shipping.

Comment

Hey Breezer that would be great, what a trooper! Could we do a postal money order, if We could swing this? Salute AJ and ya I did try The CMP ammo site. They said I didn’t belong to,an affiliated club, totally not true, I got that straightened out, then they were sold out. I belong to the Garand Collectors Club, But I am not a collector, I am a shooter, I deer hunt with my Dads 1903 Sporter, and I have a 1903 from the Hawaiian territorial guard. My M-1 is a X Army Air Corp, got it thru CMP. Anyway that’s my story and I’m stricken to it. Salute AJ.

Comment

I would be happy to go there for you, that’s the excuse I’ll give the wife but I do love going there. It’s a small store but I love the rifles. If you need ammo sooner i know there are a few people selling some on the CMP forum. I think the one guy is asking $450 for 400 rounds currently.

Comment

Hey Breezer I am good for now, shot 2 clips on Monday, decided to do some dressing up on my stock, waiting for my new glasses, so I can see some numbers, can’t really afford 400 rounds at that price. Weather wasn’t bad little cool, tax season coming up, you know that song and dance, for sure, I think next year is going to be rough on everybody, so I better try to get stocked up. Thank you for your offer, never really expected it, I hope it works out. Salute AJ
              hey your the guy looking for the grease pots, are they the small yellow ones? I’ve got a couple spares I forgot about them, if it’s what your looking for PM me your address. They are old,I think I got them in Hawaii, they were in the butt of my 1903 when I bought it. They are not very big but they are full of grease, you asked for two, is that right? Let me know. AJ
              Last edited by AJ Brink; 12-16-2020, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Okay I placed a small order with that company, that will tide me over and cover my next range visit. ?Salute AJ

Comment

Let me know if you ever need me to swing by the North Store. I’m hoping they have the August competitions in 2021. They usually have some good deals That week.

Comment

Okay if your still willing to do that CMP deal that would be great. I only bought 20 rounds cost 49.00 shipping ,cal tax, hazmat,it all adds up. Hey If you change your mind about doing this I totally understand, I am just trying to look ahead, I even looked into loading my own, at 74 just not a good Idea, I just better try to find reasonable priced ammo. Did I just say that! I don’t think that is going to be true in the future. This new administration could stop CMP with a stroke of the pen. Several troopers in my area have made comment about that. I guess they could mandate several issues, and apply new restrictions. Any way I will get off my soap box, thanks Breezer, ?Salute AJ

Comment

As soon as I get a chance to head to the North store I will pick a box of 200 rounds up for you. Looking at my schedule, It won’t be until mid January. I will keep you posted.

- Brian

Comment

Ya that will work for me, hope they still have some. Hey have you found any of the grease pots, I have some, they were in the Butt stock of my 1903 I bought in Hawaii. I need your address, so when it time to send you some money! Salute AJ

Comment

I was able to acquire half a dozen. Thank you.

Comment

I was going thru my stash when I found them recalled someone was asking about some, I had 5 in the butt stock of my 1903 when I bought it, wrapped in a bunch of cleaning patches. Glad you found some. Have a great Holiday. AJ

Comment

Working...
                            X