Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: Roland Beaver USMC Match M1 in .308

Hello guys,

My father was a service rifle shooter and longtime collector and member of the GCA. He passed some years back and I have his beautiful Springfield USMC Match M1 serial number 2290XXX that was built by Roland Beaver of Old Corp Weaponry. I probably don't have to tell you guys who that is. I understand Mr. Beaver has closed down, and is no longer making these guns. As I lost the paperwork, I've sent him a letter asking for copies of the book and other documents, but I'm not sure I'll get anything from him.

I hate to sell this rifle, as I consider it a work of art and had hoped it would stay in the family for generations, but at the end of the day it's a material thing, and I have obligations to the family that come first.

The rifle has a Douglas barrel in .308, match sites, glass beading, new stock (or maybe Mr. Beaver refinished the old one...not sure). All the usual USMC Match work Mr. Beaver did on his rifles.

I had planned to sell it on Gunbroker, but I thought that someone here might appreciate it more and it would find a better home...

It has been stored in the safe the last 8 years, and is in great condition. I am asking $3000 OBO plus $75 shipping, by cashiers check. Please contact me at jim dot dawdy at G Mail dot com if you are interested and I'm happy to send pictures. This is not an offer, it is an expression of interest in a sale and invitation to offers, and does not constitute a binding contract.

I also have a very nice Remington M1903-A3 for sale on Gunbroker currently at $999. If you are near southern New Mexico, I have a lot of CMP ammo available and if you are a GCA member I am happy to give you a good deal on the ammo. I can also bring a limited amount (~2000rnds in boxes or clips) to the Chicago area at the end of July.

Anything by Roland Beaver is Gold! I have one of his M1 Tanker models. A USMC Match would be outstanding! Best of luck on the sale.

Comment

Working...
    X