.458 Garand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.458 Garand

One of my buddies has a Mccann .458 Garand he's looking to offload to help pay for his new baby, anyone have experience with these? He wants $3k for it wondering if it's a good buy. (Edit, pic is from google, he has a McCann Stamped .458 he uses for bear defense when he goes up fishing on the Kenai. His wife is making him sell it, it's a lot uglier and more beat up than the one in the pic.)
    Last edited by DumpsterDriver; 01-30-2022, 01:14 AM.

I no longer need it, but it's a really interesting modification of a Garand. Was the receiver lengthened to handle what look like 458 Win Magnum cartridges?
    The thief may possess something he stole, but he does not own it.
    The owner has a right to take his property back from the thief.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey View Post
      I no longer need it, but it's a really interesting modification of a Garand. Was the receiver lengthened to handle what look like 458 Win Magnum cartridges?
      Honestly I don't know much about the reciever mods but it holds 8 in a clip and looking at my load book (Speer No.9) it has the same casehead and oal with sub 500gr bullets. Just looking at the load book I'm thinking .458 Win Mag is a .30-06 case blown out to almost full straight wall.

Comment

Working...
      X