Fn-spr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fn-spr

Beautiful morning here in CT. 50 deg, no wind and sunny. Started my day's shooting with the FN-SPR .308 20" heavy fluted barrel. Ammo is handloaded Berger 115 FB over 50 gn of BL-C2 in MEN berdan brass with Tula primers running right at 3100fps. Shot off my three legged table. Rifle supported in front with bipod and rear with my left hand. 10 rnds shot cold bore 100 yds. Scope set up 4 and right 4 so as not to obliterate the poa. Mas spread 7/8".

Whatta Hobby!

Click image for larger version

Name:	FN spr 1.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	231.8 KB
ID:	28549 Click image for larger version

Name:	FN spr 2.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	28550

That rifle right there is my main sweetie! I love mine, I even have a 2nd one for a backup. Great shooting Art!
    m14brian

Comment

I like to shoot mine as it might actually be used, off the bipod. Keep saying I am going to build a concrete bench and use bags, but after many decades it hasn't happened yet. Prone season is coming up very soon and that group would be half that when the fat boy spreads his belly on the ground. All my precision rifles maintain .5 moa or better for 10 rnds cold bore from prone. That's the goal anyway before I declare them precision rifles.
      Then the requirement for M14 semi autos to be declared precision is only .75 for 10 rnds.

Last edited by NF1E; 03-13-2021, 07:25 AM.

Comment

I almost always shoot all my rifles off my pack prone.
        m14brian

Comment

In CT, a local ordinance prohibited the construction of a shooting range, with target stands and shooting benches. I could still legally shoot on my land (with non-banned rifles) so I used "field" positions, usually standing because of the ticks. Now that we've escaped to WV, I'm still doing the same thing, mainly because of the more rugged terrain.
          The thief may possess something he stole, but he does not own it.
          The owner has a right to take his property back from the thief.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey View Post
            In CT, a local ordinance prohibited the construction of a shooting range, with target stands and shooting benches. I could still legally shoot on my land (with non-banned rifles) so I used "field" positions, usually standing because of the ticks. Now that we've escaped to WV, I'm still doing the same thing, mainly because of the more rugged terrain.
            This stuff should be pretty good to spray around areas you frequent for shooting. https://www.chewy.com/adams-outdoor-...dogs/dp/102576
            The active ingredient is made from a flower or something like that. I forget offhand. They should be even worse down there.
            This is an alternative if you can't get the hose out to that area. https://www.lowes.com/pd/Garden-Safe...Killer/3276739
            Just figure out a good way to spread it around where you need to be and Bob's your uncle.

Comment

Appreciate the suggestions. I shoot in a hollow that's around 250 feet deep, maybe 1000 feet from the house. I use leggings to keep ticks on the outside of my pants. I just check every few minutes and pull off any that I see crawling up. Here I see maybe a few every year. In CT there were several every few minutes. I suspect CT is under Divine Punishment for the democrat policies enacted there.
              The thief may possess something he stole, but he does not own it.
              The owner has a right to take his property back from the thief.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey View Post
                Appreciate the suggestions. I shoot in a hollow that's around 250 feet deep, maybe 1000 feet from the house. I use leggings to keep ticks on the outside of my pants. I just check every few minutes and pull off any that I see crawling up. Here I see maybe a few every year. In CT there were several every few minutes. I suspect CT is under Divine Punishment for the democrat policies enacted there.
                Haven't had much problem with ticks in NW CT. Have had my range for almost 50 years now and everyone seems to be used to it. I shoot pretty much daily and no complaints in years. We did have a visit 40 years ago by a few ST PD cars. We were shooting 2 M60s and rotating barrels as they got hot. At the time I had access to belted ammo by the pallet and we used a bunch that day. Troopers ended coming back on their own time for instruction and playtime. Life is good even in CT.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Range 7.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	155.9 KB
ID:	28812

Comment

Working...
                X