Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ugly duckling..

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Ugly duckling..

    Who here is into 1917's?

    #2
    I LOVE them! I had a Winny, bought it for $50 back in '85, sold it a couple years later for $125, wish I had one today. The last one I saw at a show was $950. It's going to be hard if I decide to do a military rifles collection.
    m14brian

    Comment


      #3
      Been thinking about one for a future project, but still up in the air.......

      Comment


        #4
        I've always thought about getting another myself, it's a ghost that won't go away.
        m14brian

        Comment


          #5
          I always kinda liked them better than '03s, but I'min the minority I'm sure.
          m14brian

          Comment


            #6
            Here is a photo of a Model 1917 rifle with a Pedersen Device, not two many were converted. Besides
            the Model 1903 rifle, there was also another rifle converted, anyone know what other rifle ?

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by m14brian View Post
              I always kinda liked them better than '03s, but I'min the minority I'm sure.
              m14brian
              Bite your tung......ā€‹

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by RCS View Post
                Besides
                the Model 1903 rifle, there was also another rifle converted, anyone know what other rifle ?
                The British Lee-Enfield rifle?
                m14brian

                Comment


                  #9
                  I knew about the Mk1 03 what surprised me was the M17. But I haven't a clue about the third rifle??

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I believe the third rifle is the P-14?

                    Comment


                      #11
                      The third rifle converted to use the Pedersen Device was not the Enfield P-14 nor any Lee Enfields.

                      It was the Remington manufactured Mosin Nagant 1891 rifle

                      note the Pedersen magazine is inserted in the left side

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by RCS View Post
                        The third rifle converted to use the Pedersen Device was not the Enfield P-14 nor any Lee Enfields.

                        It was the Remington manufactured Mosin Nagant 1891 rifle

                        note the Pedersen magazine is inserted in the left side
                        I knew Remington made Mosin Nagant rifles for the Czar but I'm really surprised they tried a Pederson conversion too boot. ā€‹

                        Quick question? when was that picture taken it looks like 1950's sometime? Its the haircut, sunglasses and shooting coat that don't look 1920'sā€‹

                        ā€‹
                        Last edited by Phil McGrath; 08-23-2015, 08:38 PM.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          photo shows Wm Edwards firing his Mosin-Nagant with Pedersen Device in 1968

                          Comment


                            #14
                            I love them even though I find them hideous,they just "feel right" in my hands.I usually take out the 1917 over My '03's.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              I just picked one up, stole it actually, $300.00 shop had a lot of 5, its a Remington, I have it apart on my bench now cleaning the old grease, cant wait to fire it.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X