Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carbine Mags w/ Pouch

Hey all,
    I'm not very knowledgeable with carbines, so maybe someone here can tell me what I just dug up from an old stash of parts?
    Thanks for any help!
    Attached Files
    Welcome to the Addiction!

The KSG magazines are Saginaw Gear made by Keller Brass Co. The one with the "K" stamped on the floorplate is a type 2 and the other is a type 5 floorplate.
    The pouch is a type 1, the kind that guys slip onto the stock. The manufacture is one of many manufacturers that made pouches.
    Nice find.
    Looking for SA bayonet 1045220

Comment

Thanks for your excellent info, Jak!
      I don't have any .30 cal carbine ammo on hand, so would you be able to tell me how many rounds the magazines hold? I thought I read somewhere (maybe here) that there were 10 round and 15 round mags made for the carbine. Also, would you know an approximate value for the set?

Thanks again!!
      Welcome to the Addiction!

Comment

Those are 15 round mags. If you look at ebay, sellers are listing 15 round mags as 10 rounds to get by the ban. Magazines prices are all over the place. Your 2 mags look nice, not scratched up and no rust or pitting. I don't believe they are as common as Inland or Underwood mags, so maybe $40 or even more because of the condition. You can occasionally check ebay and gunbroker for the current price. I have been seeing the pouches going for $30 at gun shows.

John
        Looking for SA bayonet 1045220

Comment

Standard are 15 rounds, later ones 30. You can find some decent 10 rounders if you live in a communist state.

Comment

For a very short time, 30 M1 carbine cartridges were issued in 30rd boxes. Very rare to find (I think !) Click image for larger version

Name:	dscn0761_0007.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	758.9 KB
ID:	28087 Click image for larger version

Name:	dscn0762_0008.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	799.9 KB
ID:	28088

Comment

Working...
            X