Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any reliable 30 round carbine mags out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there any reliable 30 round carbine mags out there?

Back in the 70's I had some GI 30 round mags that worked fine, at least with ball ammo (not so much soft point). Unfortunately, they were stolen out of my car, & by that time GI 30 rounders had gone the way of the dodo. Over the years I've tried after-market 30's from a variety of sources, but I haven't found any that feed reliably. If anyone knows of a brand/source that actually works, please let me know.

Found this:
    https://www.dupagetrading.com/produc...bine-magazine/

Might want to jump on it.
    A little chunky, but if actual GI contract, it's worth it. I'd grab them both myself if I didn't live in a communist state.
    Had to get some 10 rounders because of their ridiculous arbitrary mag cap rules. I think they were Mec-Gar or Pro-Mag (the latter sounds right). Wouldn't surprise me if they made a 30 as well.
    I keep seeing KCI 30 rounders available when I run a search. Anyone in Free America ever use one and can vouch for reliability?

Comment

MRusan, thanks for the reply. $75 apiece is too rich for my blood. 30 rounders fall under "wants', not "needs", as I've got tons of 15 rd. mags. Still, I'd like to have a few that actually work. I think the KCI mags were one of the ones I tried with no success, but I'm not sure anymore.

Comment

I have 2 KCI 30 round mags and several 15 round mags that have all worked flawlessly. I have fired primarily all Korean Surplus from my Underwood and the only issue I have had was a few rounds were gummed up with corrosion. I missed a few when cleaning them up and wanted to see how they would perform. Well, that was the couple that fed bad. I know some of the KCI mags were shipped out with the mag spring in backwards and caused some feeding issues. Hope this helps.

Comment

How many 30 rounders do you need. I can check my stash and maybe help you out. All my stash is U.S. except the HK stuff.

Comment

Sorry but I only have one 30 rounder.

Comment

Working...
            X