WRA Carbine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WRA Carbine

Buddy called me couple months ago saying there was a Garand and a Carbine at a gun shop about 1/2 hr away
    I jumped in my truck and went to see what they had. The Garand was a overpriced rebuilt rifle $1200
    I asked about the carbine and they said $600. Came with mag pouch, two Inland mags ,sling and oiler. I looked her over quickly and said "sold" How could I go wrong ?
    I'm not a carbine guy but looks like many parts are correct/original. Bore is in good condition, MW 1.75
    Rifle is in pretty good condition except the stock has been varnished and has a crack that needs repaired. Buttplate is alittle rusty

Last edited by Orlando; 09-23-2018, 08:45 AM.

Stripped off varnish, repaired crack and refinished the stock on this old girl
    Last edited by Orlando; 09-23-2018, 08:45 AM.

Comment

You got a great price on the carbine. Looks good.

Comment

Great score. Great price. You did good.

Comment

Johnny Law is gonna' be paying you a visit 'cause you stole it.
          Nice score Bill.
          Jon

Comment

Yep, a steal, that condition Carbine is going for twice that + at gun shows out here, Nice pick up!
            m14brian

Comment

Pretty slick!
              Several Winchester parts there. Nice early high wood stock. This area likes to crack, so later ones were the low wood type.
              Looks like upper guard is a Winchester part too. The stock, if matching, will have a similar "W" in the sling slot.
              Bummer it was varnished, but it looks like you did a good job cleaning that up.
              Typical arsenal rework...you can tell by rear sight, updated safety, and bayonet lug front band.
              Who made the receiver? Does the trigger group match, or is it made by someone else? (Typical to find in an arsenal rebuild. Not a big ding in it's collector status either.)
              You might find other sourced parts in the trigger group as well as the bolt.
              Thumbs up!

Comment

Working...
              X