Johnson Rifle Bayonet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Johnson Rifle Bayonet

Are there any M1941 collectors that are well versed in identifying Johnson bayonets on the forum?

I'm have a 1941 Johnson but I'm not very knowledgeable on the bayonets. The best place to get answers is on johnsonautomatics.com Mr Johnsons son is on that forum and the people over there know the stuff inside and out.

Comment

The little I know about Johnson bayonets is what I have read here.

http://www.usmilitaryknives.com/bayo_points_34.htm
      Looking for SA bayonets 922033 & 1045220

Comment

Thanks for the input. I’ve tried to join the Johnson forum but I’m having problems. I’ve looked at their pages and I’ve learned a lot. Thanks

Comment

I had a original Johnson. And collected Johnson Bayonets for years. Had to sell off about 12-15 years ago. Wish I had not!! LOL. one is a chilean scabbard. rest are real. Enjoy. https://imgur.com/a/PQOwx

Comment

I know there are some repos floating around. easy to tell.

Comment

I had a friend years ago that owned Johnson serial number R13, made by Taft-Pearson (?) and blued -or what was left of the bluing, wood was in poor condition - but a rare one to have in your collection

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	FB8EC7A8-BADA-4EBC-99D9-09BB95478D6C.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	3.69 MB
ID:	34528 Click image for larger version

Name:	069B6963-0E3F-4713-96B5-7D36FACF6413.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	3.62 MB
ID:	34527 Click image for larger version

Name:	EF060AD0-AC90-4F20-8374-3EDB2E77F362.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	3.28 MB
ID:	34526 Click image for larger version

Name:	62C03C89-8249-4E7F-A683-5166294A9283.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	2.72 MB
ID:	34525 Click image for larger version

Name:	57E5147D-2528-45D4-B4E1-422D09C28279.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	3.74 MB
ID:	34524 Thank you for the kind remarks and assistance. This bayonet came out of an estate. I’ve studied the web site and posted it on the US military forum and many people think it is not a repro. I’ve not seen one in this condition so I have been suspect. It has no markings and it was still in green GI wrap. Any opinions are appreciated.

Comment

Looks pretty good, You might have a winner. Condition would make me suspect, but, looks right.

Comment

Originally posted by CCyooper View Post
                    Thanks for the input. I’ve tried to join the Johnson forum but I’m having problems. I’ve looked at their pages and I’ve learned a lot. Thanks
                    Trying to join was a real problem for a few years, if you go on there now and click on the. Johnson 1941 Rifle, the top forum on the page the first post is about joining. You will get in.

Comment

thanks - figured it out this morning and was granted access. I posted the question to the site and have received one response so far. Regards
                      Originally posted by Imgone10 View Post

Trying to join was a real problem for a few years, if you go on there now and click on the. Johnson 1941 Rifle, the top forum on the page the first post is about joining. You will get in.

Comment

Working...
                      X