Adapt and overcome.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adapt and overcome.

I have been missing offhand shooting for over a decade since my left arm went gimpy on me.

Well I have been enjoying a different way of shooting from my feet.

The tripod is working fabulous for more than holding my chronograph off the ground.

Whatta Hobby!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tripod 1.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	333.2 KB
ID:	31888 Click image for larger version

Name:	Tripod 2.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	316.9 KB
ID:	31889 Click image for larger version

Name:	Tripod 3.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	293.5 KB
ID:	31890

That's a great idea, Art! I may have to try that, offhand always creates a terrible stabbing pain in my shoulder blade area and makes it effectively not doable for me too for an extended period of time.
    m14brian
    Last edited by m14brian; 11-16-2021, 11:07 PM.

Comment

I need all the support I can get.

Comment

Both the clamp on the top and the heavy duty tripod are Leupold products.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Leupold 1.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	151.3 KB
ID:	31903 Click image for larger version

Name:	Leupold 2.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	181.0 KB
ID:	31904

Comment

I'm familiar with the H.O.G. saddle, I used that sitting and kneeling before, I just never thought of doing it standing up. How's that Leupy model, pretty good and sturdy?
          m14brian

Comment

Originally posted by m14brian View Post
            I'm familiar with the H.O.G. saddle, I used that sitting and kneeling before, I just never thought of doing it standing up. How's that Leupy model, pretty good and sturdy?
            m14brian
            So far so good. Not cheap, but what is.

Comment

As you and I obviously know, and most serious gun guys know, good gear isn't cheap. Some of the most cringy conversations I have had were trying to convince new gun people that I knew that cheap gear is crap, and the $99 scope they want to get isn't the same quality and isn't "made from the same tooling as Leupold's high end scopes just made in China with low cost labor but it's the same quality". Some of the mistruths and outright lies I've heard about cheap gear is nuts. The guy that said this, I finally had to get an image off the net of Tiborasaurus Rex's scope grades for performance and send it to him so he could see someone who knows more than me came to the same conclusion, he thought I just wanted to say I spent a lot of money for stuff, it was unreal. This is the same guy that made fun of me for paying full price for a real ACOG but he bought a $30 ACOG copy on ebay and one day I tagged along shooting with him and a few others, I spent an hour trying to sight it in for him until I lost patience and then my Marine friend Mike took over and spent 2 more hours screwing with it until he finally could show the guy that it would not hold a Zero.
              m14brian

Comment

Had the same experience with a guy with one of those cheap fake ACOGs on my range. He couldn't make it work so I let him try one of mine. Started at 50' and had it zeroed for 200 yds in 6 shots. Hard to explain to the " but it looks the same" crowd.

Comment

Beautiful setup.
                  Home made suppressor ? How much does it reduce the sound ?
                  Looking for SA bayonets 922033 & 1045220

Comment

Originally posted by jak View Post
                    Beautiful setup.
                    Home made suppressor ? How much does it reduce the sound ?

Nope, OSS HX-QD .338 MagnumTi. Significant enough that I can shoot without ear protection.

Comment

That is a poster child for "adapt and overcome" at the least. My hat's off to you! (Not that I wear one much anymore, except in summer like a normal person in the desert).

Comment

Working...
                      X