Traditional Winchester M14 build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traditional Winchester M14 build.

I never get tired of messing with Winchester builds. May have something to do with CT and their original home here. Anyway, this one has seen the light before in different phases of putting her together. Today she accepted a NM modified flash suppressor with a smile. Mostly Winny parts including Win/Bula receiver as the icing on the cake.

Click image for larger version

Name:	win 4.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	204.8 KB
ID:	30613 Click image for larger version

Name:	Win 1.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	146.9 KB
ID:	30614 Click image for larger version

Name:	win 2.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	30615 Click image for larger version

Name:	win 3.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	30616 Click image for larger version

Name:	win 5.jpg
Size:	235.6 KB
ID:	30617

And a few photos of the finished product. Whatta Hobby!

Name:	win 6.jpg
Size:	269.0 KB
ID:	30619 Click image for larger version

Name:	win 7.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	310.1 KB
ID:	30620 Click image for larger version

Name:	win 8.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	298.9 KB
ID:	30621 Click image for larger version

Name:	win 9.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	295.5 KB
ID:	30622

Comment

I have to ask as I carried this weapon in the early sixties. Is this the real deal (full auto) or a dummy? I posses a M1A which is a tack driver but not the full auto I carried back in the day. Where did you come up with the Winchester receiver?

Comment

Originally posted by Beltfed View Post
        I have to ask as I carried this weapon in the early sixties. Is this the real deal (full auto) or a dummy? I posses a M1A which is a tack driver but not the full auto I carried back in the day. Where did you come up with the Winchester receiver?
        This is not full auto. The dummy kit is attached to the stock only for appearance. The receiver is a standard Bula receiver with just the heel from a real M14 aft of the rear sight attached. I too ws issued a couple of different Winchester M14s in the 60s. Oh the memories. At the time mine had the lock out button and not the switch.

Comment

Here is a Winchester "Big Red" replacement stock Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3717.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	3.15 MB
ID:	30629 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3716.JPG
Size:	3.20 MB
ID:	30630 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3713.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	3.21 MB
ID:	30631

Comment

Originally posted by RCS View Post
            Here is a Winchester "Big Red" replacement stock Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN3717.JPG Views:	4 Size:	3.15 MB ID:	30629 Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN3716.JPG Views:	4 Size:	3.20 MB ID:	30630 Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN3713.JPG Views:	4 Size:	3.21 MB ID:	30631
            That's very nice. I have used a bunch of them from Fred's over the years.

Comment

Name:	DSCN3708.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	3.24 MB
ID:	30638 I tried selling the tiger strip at a cheap price on gunboards, Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3705.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	3.33 MB
ID:	30636 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3706.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	3.42 MB
ID:	30637 but no luck, it about 90% almost looks like an aftermarket M14 butt plate.

Comment

Nice looking stock. Trouble with most of the birch is that the draw pressure sucked and there wasn't enough meat for a good bedding job.

Comment

Your correct about the bedding except the guy that buys a tiger stripe stock is not going to bed it or do anything else besides show it off ! Someone is even making
                  a tiger stripe handguard now

Comment

I understand that completely. I do have a bunch of nice striped stock, both birch and some to die for walnut from Fred's years ago. With 60 plus M14s in the collection I have a pretty good cross section of stocks than have been available. Always looking for nice ones. I keep over a dozen stocks in the shop for future builds. And I don't sell any of them. Whatta Hobby!

Comment

Working...
                    X