Compliant T44.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compliant T44.

Dropped one of my complaint T44s in a new stock. Whatta Hobby!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Compliant t44 1.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	283.9 KB
ID:	30494 Click image for larger version

Name:	Compliant t44 2.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	303.2 KB
ID:	30495 Click image for larger version

Name:	Compliant t44 3.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	254.5 KB
ID:	30496 Click image for larger version

Name:	Compliant t44 4.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	182.7 KB
ID:	30497

Nice, well fitted and good craftsmanship. How's the muzzle report?
    The thief may possess something he stole, but he does not own it.
    The owner has a right to take his property back from the thief.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey View Post
      Nice, well fitted and good craftsmanship. How's the muzzle report?
      Very similar to open muzzle bolt rifles. Majority of the noise is directed down range.

Comment

Dang, I really love this one. Man if I could have the 1st SGT, one of the J.A.E.-100'd rifles and this one out of all of yours I'd be set.
        m14brian

Comment

Every time I build one I think it will be the last, then I realize just how many variations there are that I haven't experimented with yet and have to reset my timer.

Comment

Something to be said for a shorter rifle in dense underbrush and rough country. The property we're on now is much closer to vertical with well established rhododendron thickets covering much of it. A full-size Garand starts to be a bit heavy and long climbing around here.

Comment

Something to be said for a shorter rifle in dense underbrush and rough country. The property we're on now is much closer to vertical with well established rhododendron thickets covering much of it. A full-size Garand starts to be a bit heavy and long climbing around here.
              If you rifle is starting to get heavy it only means you need to get out and exercise more.

Comment

If you rifle is starting to get heavy it only means you need to get out and exercise more.
                I'll have to agree with that. I'm also closing in on 70 with age taking it's toll.
                We still have black bear (but no moose thankfully) so I like having an accurate, fast-cycling .30-06 for any close-in surprises.

Comment

I'll have to agree with that. I'm also closing in on 70 with age taking it's toll.
                  We still have black bear (but no moose thankfully) so I like having an accurate, fast-cycling .30-06 for any close-in surprises.
                  70 is well in my rear view mirror. I think that was about the time I decided I was allowed to rest if I got tired. No more pushing the old " One More for the Corps" these days.

Comment

Had her out on the range for a hundred rnds worth. Remembered why I don't care for the wood handguards, barrel seems to get hot way faster with wood. Replaced it with one of my Black usgi fiberglass handguards. I like that much better. They may look more " period" correct with the wood, but at this point in my life function is way more important. Screw da wood.

Comment

Wood is an insulator. Great for preventing burns from hot metal, not so good for convective cooling. Would you pose some images with the fiberglass handguard?

Comment

Click image for larger versionName:	T44 with fiberglass handguard 1.jpgViews:	0Size:	170.3 KBID:	30541 Click image for larger version  Name:	T44 with fiberglass handguard 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	172.8 KB ID:	30542 Click image for larger version  Name:	T44 with fiberglass handguard 3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	178.9 KB ID:	30543 Click image for larger version  Name:	T44 with fiberglass handguard 4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	167.4 KB ID:	30544 Click image for larger version  Name:	T44 with fiberglass handguard 5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	128.2 KB ID:	30545
                        Last edited by NF1E; 07-25-2021, 08:46 AM.

Comment

I like it much better with the fiberglass handguard. Anyone recognize the GLFS hardware? Don't think I have seen one of JYWolfe's creations on another rifle. I do use them on some of my compliant barrel assemblies.

Comment

NICE! When you say compliant, it's compliant to what?

Comment

LRB markets the barrel as all states compliant meaning no nasty muzzle device to get anyone in trouble. Compliant sounded like a good word to use in my description.

Comment

Working...
                              X