Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best single point scope mounts for the M14 standard receiver.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best single point scope mounts for the M14 standard receiver.

Decisions , decisions. Of the many single point scope mounts available, in my shop, for the standard M14 receiver, I have come down to the two best of the best.

1. Has to be the IDF mount fielded by the Israeli Defense Force. This mount is rugged and maintains close to zero with removal and re-installation. The two determining factors that put this mount on the top is the fact that no tools are needed for mounting and the click locking feature on the retaining screw to assure stability.

2. Very close second is the Bassett mount used by many of us over the years and held in high regards by all for it's easy on/off and maintenance of close to zero.

AWC , Griffin and Howe , SAI and other "established" single point mounts, tested, paled by comparison.

IDF mount first two photos second two photo are the Bassett mount.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NF1E; 07-10-2020, 09:39 AM.

Great info, Art!
    What are your thoughts on the ARMS18? I always liked the super low profile of that mount. Also, there's a split ARMS18 mount, too, I believe. Any thoughts on that one as well??
    Welcome to the Addiction!

Comment

I have used some of each of the ARMs mounts. They are not single point. Low is good sometimes. A lot of folks have a problem with casings getting stuck between the mount and ejection port. If one takes the time to adjust the ejector spring it can be easily overcome. Personally I think the Saklak line are a better product for the 2 point systems.

Pro-Mag made an excellent copy of the ARMS split mount.

Comment

I like the Basset best of the single points, but if I lost my tools during the SHTF I bet I would be cursing and wish I had the IDF mount lol.
        m14brian

Comment

Jeez, I think a single point mount for an SAI is going all the way back to Gen 1.

I guess for many shooters, they do actually remove and reinstall their mount huh? Hence the desire for a single point.
          m14brian

Comment

Working...
          X