Suppressed M14 Type XM21.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suppressed M14 Type XM21.

Picked up the OSS HX-QD.338 Magnum Ti a couple of days ago. Hope to get out and play some today. Currently mounted on my 10 dot 6.5 Creedmoor which has been a consistent sub .5 moa shooter. Working up range card out to 1250 yds. Whatta Hobby!

Click image for larger version

Name:	OSS.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	31457 Click image for larger version

Name:	OSS 1.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	178.8 KB
ID:	31458 Click image for larger version

Name:	OSS 2.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	166.1 KB
ID:	31459

OK, so the rifle performed perfectly this morning. POI is exactly the same as without the suppressor and sound is easy to manage without ear muffs. Only downside if you are firing more than a couple of rounds is heat mirage which was to be expected. High temp heat cover for the suppressor is on the way from IMI and that should eliminate mirage. No smoke in the face with 50 rnds fired. Will be trying it on other rifles including my ARs. Hated running them with suppressors because of the nasty mess. I have the 1/2 x 28 adapter ready to go but first things will be tried on the 6.5 Creedmoor bolt rifle and then a few .308 M14s. Whatta Hobby!

Comment

Name:	Sup ready H&R. 3.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	125.7 KB
ID:	31465 Rifle 2 for today was even more fun. H&R Punisher with Bula Defense Systems suppressor ready 16.5" barrel system. Leupold MK4 16x fixed scope on a Basset rail mount.Even with the shorty barrel this rifle is doing sub moa in a USGI fiberglass stock. The stars have aligned on this one. Still, after about 10 rnds mirage shows up. Ran 50 with it anyway.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Sup ready H&R. 1.jpg Views:	2 Size:	195.3 KB ID:	31462 Click image for larger version  Name:	Sup ready H&R. 2.jpg Views:	2 Size:	186.0 KB ID:	31463 Click image for larger version  Name:	Sup ready H&R.jpg Views:	2 Size:	145.9 KB ID:	31464
      Last edited by NF1E; 09-26-2021, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Awesome stuff! I wish I could just drop by and put a couple groups through those two rifles lol. I still haven't got to try 6.5C. Those are stellar rifles. I'm glad you're having fun!
        m14brian

Comment

Anyone that wants to shoot at my place is always welcome.

Name:	Range 100 yds and 150 yds..jpg
Views:	23
Size:	286.7 KB
ID:	31519

Comment

Folks are welcome to stop by. Just let me know when.

Comment

If I'm ever in your neck of the woods I will make it a point to come visit for a morning or so. We're planning on moving in a year or two, and doing a little travelling. Meanwhile I'm hard at work in the SW desert lol. It's awesome for you to invite us Art!
              m14brian

Comment

Originally posted by m14brian View Post
                If I'm ever in your neck of the woods I will make it a point to come visit for a morning or so. We're planning on moving in a year or two, and doing a little travelling. Meanwhile I'm hard at work in the SW desert lol. It's awesome for you to invite us Art!
                m14brian
                I get out to Raton NM and the Whittington Center once in awile, the SW has pretty darn nice places to shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by NF1E View Post

I get out to Raton NM and the Whittington Center once in awile, the SW has pretty darn nice places to shoot.
                  Yes, even in the People's $hithole of Commiefornia, there are many long range rifle ranges, I knew a guy that had a 1,000 yard private range way out in the desert years ago and even 15 - 25 miles East of The Stumps people could just go out in the sticks and fire at the mountains. That's one of the good caveats of living here is some really nice spots.
                  m14brian

Comment

I have access to a private 1500 yd range less than 5 miles from my home here in CT.

Comment

Working...
                    X