.308 10 dot rifle practice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.308 10 dot rifle practice.

Had some fun shooting this morning. Started out with the 6.5 and got bored so I switched over to my .308 Bula 10 dot rifle for some trigger pull practice. 10 rnds at 100 yds into .70 moa. Not to shabby for an old fat dude eh? The X was left unmolested intentionally as an aimpoint. 2 clicks right and 2 clicks up would put her in the money.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Today XM21 ver1 ser 3.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	169.6 KB
ID:	25572Click image for larger version

Name:	10 dot practice.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	148.8 KB
ID:	25573

Nice job! I've been known to make a single hole at that same distance shooting a 10-round string...(the other nine holes scattered about near the edges of the board).

Comment

Originally posted by olddog View Post
      Nice job! I've been known to make a single hole at that same distance shooting a 10-round string...(the other nine holes scattered about near the edges of the board).

I hear ya. I have worked for a lot of years perfecting my M14s and loads to be able to do this good. Then too, I shoot 5 - 10 K of .308 per year. Practice helps. Probably twice that in dry fire exercises.

Comment

Excellent shooting Art!

Do you full length size and shoulder bump a couple thousandths and seat the bullet to the ogive or just full length size size on these rounds? They are performing fantastic in this semi auto.
        m14brian

Comment

I full length size using RCBS SB X-die. I seat with either one of a few different seaters, Forster, Redding, Hornady or RCBS., All precision micrometer competition seaters. I continually experiment to see which gives me the best results. These were seated with a Forster. Seems to be less runout with this seater. Yes of coarse, I seat by the ogive with all loading. Just love showing the AR-10 guys that the M14, when properly configured can give them a run for their money.

Comment

Please forgive the reloading newbie questions!
            m14brian

Comment

No need to forgive anything. Only dumb question is the one somebody to afraid to ask.

Comment

Completely broke down my Bula Defense Systems .308 10 dot rifle for service. Scope off, rifle out of chassis and complete disassembly including bolt and trigger group. Recut the chamber to M118 specs using my brandy new M118 carbide pull through finish reamer. Cleaned the gas system and gave the rifle a general full scrubbing , lube and reassembly. This target is the first 10 rnds from the rifle. Cold clean bore and 33 deg outside temp. Ammo is handload 136 gr custom flat base bullets over 45 gr of Varget in DAG berdan cases. POI shifted 1moa up and 1/2 moa right. First two shots are the two low at 5 oclock for an overall 1 moa group. Last 8 rnds are in a 1/2 moa group. Whatta Hobby! Click image for larger version

Name:	10 dot.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	134.1 KB
ID:	26486

Comment

Working...
                X