Assault Weapons Ban in New Zealand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assault Weapons Ban in New Zealand

It is amazing the mindset of the New Zealanders........even a gun shop that sells AR-15s is completely on board with it! WTH??? Totally opposite of the reaction you would get in this country. I just can't get over how readily they are ready to start handing them over.

http://www.ksla.com/2019/03/21/after...sault-weapons/

Yep, all because of ONE a$$hole. It's not the rifle's fault. Thank God we have the 2nd Amendment here in the U.S.
    m14brian

Comment

Of course, one mosque the a$$hole didn't hit had an armed man resist him. If you think about the governments who disarmed their populations, folks who can't resist was the intended outcome. All are repressive governments.
      Last edited by Smokey; 03-24-2019, 07:45 AM.
      The thief may possess something he stole, but he does not own it.
      The owner has a right to take his property back from the thief.

Comment

The problem is the ignorance of calling an MSR an assault rifle. "Looks like" is not sufficient. The guy in NZ could have just as easily used a handgun or shotgun in that Mosque with even greater lives lost. Criminals could care less if their weapons of choice are banned. They just hide them away until the time is right and do they're evil deeds. They're "criminals". Why would any Gov't think they care about laws, bans or rules. More restrictive laws disarm the law abiders and make them more vulnerable to the lawless. A proven fact in Australia and England.

Comment

lapriester you are right Sir, the criminal shooters can use a handgun or shotgun and in fact they have been many of the "mass" shootings where the criminal gunman used a handgun or shotgun, but the Libtard media is lying in wait for the occurrences where a modern sporting rifle is used, then it meets the agenda for calling for gun bans.
          m14brian

Comment

All despotic governments disarmed their "subjects" before the repression really started. Leftists, progressives etc. are on the road to a despotic government, their final goal. A civilian population adequately armed to resist if necessary is THE major impediment. That's why "gun control" is such a major goal; incrementally working to disarmament.

Comment

AR's and similar type weapons did not have to be registered in NZ,, I heard the gun owners were in favor of registration but not confiscation. Thank You US constitution that we are protected from such foolishness.

Comment

Ok, so let's destroy all guns.....every last one. What's left? Knives, axes, swords, etc. So we then go back to the Medieval times. Somebody shows up at your local grocery store with a 4 ft. sword, goes nuts, and kills 20 people, and critically injures many more. Ok, so all pointed weapons are then banned and destroyed. So now we are down to using vehicles and everyday appliances to commit crimes, including our bare hands. So if you want to really leave an impact, at this point, a car is your best weapon of choice. Run over a s***load of people and get away in short order. I could keep going, but to do so would be ridiculous. My point? There will always be evil and deranged people on this planet. Killing will continue on this planet whether the snowflakes and ***** libs like it or not and with whatever is available (guns or no). Criminals love ******* that have given up their guns and say, "oh....please don't hurt me.....go away, you are making me feel unsafe". The the only way to deter crimes like this is to h*** of a lot more firepower than they got.

I am now off my rant!

Comment

It was proven that in England after certain guns were banned that home invasions went up as well as well as assaults with knives.

So SA1941, your point is truth, it is not the tool but human behavior. PEOPLE will continue to kill, rob, and assault with whatever they can get their hands on and somebody that is doing it up close and personal with a knife is more dangerous, more desperate, and has a seared conscious which we are seeing more of.
                  m14brian

Comment

What is usually not mentioned is disarmament makes the victims easy targets by criminals, as well as making the population easier to control by the government. What's happening in London is a case in point. Violence and shootings (with illegal firearms) are escalating while the mayor is discussing knife control. While the population is essentially disarmed, the thugs are still getting firearms, and stabbings and muggings have gotten far worse.
                    Last edited by Smokey; 03-29-2019, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X