Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EOTech Sights Extreme Temperature Test

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    EOTech Sights Extreme Temperature Test

    Hi all! If any of you caught wind of the controversy a while back involving EOTech sights loosing/shifting zero under extreme temperatures, you might be interested in following the link below to my most recent video. In it, I explore that very issue. Be sure to let me know your thoughts on the matter as well!

    Howard

    https://youtu.be/Q4N8l_sLtC8

    #2
    I had an EoTech 555 on my M1A Socom for a lot of years. I used to be a staunch defender of EoTech until the whole shift thing came to light, it was one thing that made me lose complete confidence in the system, the thing I really didn't like was the adjustment screws don't have precise clicks, and a few times at the range when I put it on other guns and had to re-zero it, sometimes it would only take a slight turn to get it to move an inch at 100 yards, sometimes it took half turn to move the same amount, not acceptable in my book. I just ended up selling it at half value and bought an Aimpioint CompM4S. I love and prefer the holographic 1 MOA ringed dot of the EoTech but I've come to know by owning both that several things are superior on the Aimpoint CompM4S, as much as I hate to say it and admit I was wrong.
    Cool video I have to say!
    m14brian

    Comment


      #3
      Very interesting. Thank you for posting.

      Comment


        #4
        Not a slam or pot shot at you as I did like the vid I would have done it a little different. For your targets I would have used plain paper plates without a orange center with the optics dot covering it, its useless. Writing the environmental data on each plate and after the season was over laid each of them out side by side would really have emphasized the duration of your test. Before all was said and done I would have overlaid each target group and using different colored markers onto a final target backer. Lastly I would have measured each group giving a truer final accuracy measurements.


        Overall grade B, but I’m a tuff rater.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Phil McGrath View Post
          Not a slam or pot shot at you as I did like the vid I would have done it a little different. For your targets I would have used plain paper plates without a orange center with the optics dot covering it, its useless. Writing the environmental data on each plate and after the season was over laid each of them out side by side would really have emphasized the duration of your test. Before all was said and done I would have overlaid each target group and using different colored markers onto a final target backer. Lastly I would have measured each group giving a truer final accuracy measurements.


          Overall grade B, but I’m a tuff rater.
          Thanks, I'll see if I can earn an "A" on the next one! One reason I did the test the way I did is because I was looking for thermal shift, not a change in the size of the group. If I was trying to see if the group size changed, I would have done the test differently.

          Howard

          Comment


            #6
            You would have gotten both shift and accuracy on the final target using the overlay method I described. Using the different colors would have made any shift more pronounced, instead of one mass of holes all intermixed at the end.

            Comment

            Working...
            X