Sent two messages I can't get to...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sent two messages I can't get to...

Somebody sent me two messages I can't get to.This site looks so cool, but has little glitches that don't work. Signature pics, and not able to receive messages. Kind of frustrating.

You would think these simple forum formats would be working perfectly already. My iPhone 6s AMAZES me with technology. I know that's Apple, but this is a format that has been around for years, and the old forums software works, and works better.
    Last edited by leadbug; 01-30-2016, 01:40 PM.

You're not alone in your frustrations here.
    I think a big part of the problems with the software on this site are related to the fact that I use a "cloud" server. It's tricky doing this basically alone, and self-funded.
    Sorry that you're so displeased.
    I'm constantly working to make the site better, but it's hard to please everyone as you surly know.
    Once I move off the "cloud" it should be a lot easier to use this forum.
    Until then, cheers!!
    Welcome to the Addiction!

Comment

Leadbug,
      Hang in there with us. Unfortunately, there will be some random technical glitches in software like this, and most importantly glitches can also be unique from version to version and sometimes they come seemingly out of nowhere, and you know we do have a new version installed. But rest assured, Jersey Devil is working hard to resolve every problem as he becomes aware of it So please bear with us for the time being and continue to post up! We apologize for the trouble.
      m14brian

Comment

Don't know if you guys are getting this message, but I am going to keep posting, just a little frustrating. Thanks guys for replying to me!

Comment

Originally posted by leadbug View Post
          Don't know if you guys are getting this message, but I am going to keep posting, just a little frustrating. Thanks guys for replying to me!
          Please try checking your messages now. I made an adjustment and am curious if it worked. Thanks.

Comment

No, I still can't get to them.

Comment

Originally posted by leadbug View Post
              No, I still can't get to them.
              Please float your cursor over the little red flagged number and click on it. Are you sure they are messages or are they perhaps notifications indicating that someone has "Liked" a couple of your posts?

Comment

I don't know if it's on my end or yours but in order for me to post, I have to click "Post Reply" do a control c/control v, back-space, re enter the posting about 8-10 times before I get the "Working" dialog box and then when it posts about half of the message is missing and I have to edit and save another 6-10 times for the message to print completely. My end or yours?
                Thanks
                Jon

Comment

Originally posted by TJT View Post
                  I don't know if it's on my end or yours but in order for me to post, I have to click "Post Reply" do a control c/control v, back-space, re enter the posting about 8-10 times before I get the "Working" dialog box and then when it posts about half of the message is missing and I have to edit and save another 6-10 times for the message to print completely. My end or yours?
                  Thanks
                  Jon
                  Hi Jon,
                  Wow....that sounds exceedingly frustrating.
                  I do believe, however, that your problem is on your end.
                  I would try clearing your history including your "cookies" and logging back into the site. Warning, though, by clearing all history and cookies you will need to re-enter your passwords to any website that requires a password, so be sure to have a record of them so you can re-enter them as needed.
                  Please let me know if that works for you.
                  --Brian

Comment

Working...
                  X