garand price tracker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

garand price tracker

Do you think we could somehow come up with a way to track prices on what different grades sell for and maybe a way to keep it updated. or do you think this could work against us when trying to buy? Anyway I thought I would throw it out for discussion. If you think it's dumb don't be afraid to say it's dumb if you think so.

No....too many variables. Private sales vs gun show sales vs gun shop sales vs auction site sales vs online sales. A rifle sold in Pennsylvania would sell for XXXX dollars while the exactly same rifle could sell for plus or minus a hundred dollars in Montana.

A WWII service grade with correct catouche stock vs WWII service grade with a replacement stock.....WWII field grade with correct barrel, uncut op rod and lock bar sights vs post war field grade with replacement barrel, another manufactures op rod and rear sights. The service grade, field grade, rack grade, etc is something CMP created for their sales. The previous example rifles are rifles the CMP would sell at the same price even though their actual values are different. I have purchased field grades that were far better than service grades on the racks.

Nope, too many variables to get an accurate price to track just based on an arbitrary "grade".

Comment

Good points another great theory murdered by a brutal set of facts. You are right way too many variables.

Comment

Working...
      X