garand price tracker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

garand price tracker

Do you think we could somehow come up with a way to track prices on what different grades sell for and maybe a way to keep it updated. or do you think this could work against us when trying to buy? Anyway I thought I would throw it out for discussion. If you think it's dumb don't be afraid to say it's dumb if you think so.

No....too many variables. Private sales vs gun show sales vs gun shop sales vs auction site sales vs online sales. A rifle sold in Pennsylvania would sell for XXXX dollars while the exactly same rifle could sell for plus or minus a hundred dollars in Montana.

A WWII service grade with correct catouche stock vs WWII service grade with a replacement stock.....WWII field grade with correct barrel, uncut op rod and lock bar sights vs post war field grade with replacement barrel, another manufactures op rod and rear sights. The service grade, field grade, rack grade, etc is something CMP created for their sales. The previous example rifles are rifles the CMP would sell at the same price even though their actual values are different. I have purchased field grades that were far better than service grades on the racks.

Nope, too many variables to get an accurate price to track just based on an arbitrary "grade".

Comment

Good points another great theory murdered by a brutal set of facts. You are right way too many variables.

Comment

I feel this may never recover, with this new administration in office, the DC bunch. Their selling guns like crazy, kinda wonder if the powers to be are getting kick backs from gun sales! Not in all, outlets. Every election I’ve been involved in, meaning voting it’s always number 2 on the agenda. Taxing guns, now, we are coming to get your guns, buy back. The addenda is really scary. Tearing down statues, renaming every thing they can get there hands on. In all and all, something ain’t right, totally beyond me, but something really smells like rotting salmon. You talk about these prices on certain grades, it cost the CMP millions to get these M-1s out of the Philippines, 80,000 in all and different grades, of quality. CMP knows what the recovery cost was, and it’s reflected in the cost, of the best and the worst. Of each and every unit CMP sells. I seen an M-1 in a local pawn shop, asking price was $5.000.00. I would have liked to field strip it, just to see what was their!

Comment

Good write up and it would be a good thing if we could track the cost or fair pricing. Problem with that is how much did you put into your rifle, and how much did you pay for it. Scalping, and price gouging in 2020 will probably continue in2021. I think it’s just the nature of the situation, the reasons why CMP has elevated their prices is because of the operating cost the improvements the cost of Day by Day operations, all the improvements. It cost millions to bring the 1911 pistols and the M-1s out of the Philippines, you look at gun Broker and all the gun sights, that sell and they are full of X CMP rifles. Most going for 3 times what they paid for them. Quite possibly we are looking at the end of an error,

Comment

Working...
          X