Rifle Build Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rifle Build Forum

Had an idea so I thought I'd throw it at the wall and see what sticks. How about a forum for rifle builds? One could start a thread for a rifle they are building or restoring and be able to keep everybody updated as the build progresses and also get input from other members. Would be interesting to watch a build start from a stripped receiver to a completed rifle.

I'm on the SilveradoSierra forum and this is a common occurrence when somebody starts a project truck.

I think this would belong in the Workshop. Anyway, just wanted to throw it out there.

Sounds like a good idea, let's see what the big boss thinks, he has his own organization methods.
    It does kind of make sense to have all builds together, but it may make more sense to just have them in their own place as to type such as post war, WW II, etc. that already exist.
    m14brian
    Last edited by m14brian; 02-03-2017, 09:53 PM.

Comment

You might just be right about that. There are already a lot of forums out there.

Comment

Thank you for posting this idea. Being an armorer who wrenches on firearms a lot, I, too, like the idea. However, if one were to start a gas trap build, for example, then I'd like that to be in the gas trap / pre-war forum. Same for WW2 restorations and the like. So, that all said, I think I'd rather have the builds / restorations be posted in their respective forums than a special "builds" forum.
        Please keep the ideas flowing, though.
        Thanks again, cheers!!
        Welcome to the Addiction!

Comment

I seriously thought about building my own M-1 Garand. This Thought was very recient. Like in the last 6 months. Then I started looking at prices, the cost, shipping,FFL, Lots of varites out there, EBay for parts were the cheapest, but what were you getting. That’s a big if. Like I said it was an Idea, but when reality set in, I started looking for a completed unit. I know, it’s a crap Shoot. I spoke with a former Flying buddy, he went to ?Alabama, went to 3 different stores of CMP, prices from $500.00 to 3.500.00 maybe some higher, he spent 2 days store opened at 10 am and closed at 6:00 pm. Appparently they have a build seminar, you can build your own M-1 in store. Maybe twice a year, he didn’t know for sure. He told me it would be worth the 15 hour trip, he said it was remarkable.

Comment

Will sense I posted, I think my deal went thru, it’s a crap shoot, but anything wrong can be fixed, that’s the way I look at it, I mean how bad can it get! Well we will see. Well just got a shipping tracking number, I guess this CMP deal is going to work out, nice day to be at the range, in the high 60s light breeze out of north.
            Last edited by AJ Brink; Yesterday, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X