Hello!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello!!

Recently acquired a service grade CMP Garand in a trade. She's my second Garand. I purchased my first back in 1993 when you could buy one for $200.00 after shooting a couple High Power matches. I was still in the USMC living in Waco Texas and coaching the Marine ROTC shooters from the High School. That M1 was not in great shape. The trigger group was so worn that she would fire 2-3 round bursts!!! I took her to the National Matches that year and went to the Army MTU van and asked if they could help. The MSGT said he would see what they could do and to pick it up at the end of the matches. When I returned to get her he handed me a New Looking rifle with many NM parts. I quickly explained that it was not my M1. He had heard about my involvement with the Junior shooters in Texas and had completely rebuilt my rifle. When I asked how much the repairs would cost, he laughed and said hope you enjoy her!!!

I left Texas 2 years later and donated the rifle to that Junior Team. I have never regretted it but often wonder if they still shoot her.

Plan to load some ammo, hopefully, today and get her out to the range to see what she can do.

Glad to be here!!
    Last edited by Randingo; 07-09-2022, 06:40 PM.

Welcome Citizen Randingo ! . . . . . from Stalag Michigan

Comment

Welcome in Sir from SoCal!
      m14brian

Comment

Welcome Randingo, from Rick in Mighty MO.

Comment

Working...
        X