Intro Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intro Post

Hello all. Name is Kelly. I’m a US Army Vet (‘91-‘97 - 67N Huey Crew Chief)

I have been a USPSA pistol competitor for a decade give or take and I just picked up my first Garand while at the Talladega CMP facility for USPSA Nationals. Serial number indicates my rifle was made in Feb of ‘43. It’s a Special Field Grade rifle and it’s beautiful.

Unfortunately, they had no ammo and no en bloc clips in stock. Was hoping that y’all could tell me where is a good reliable place to purchase ammo and clips.

I have a range on my property in TN, and really looking forward to getting some rounds down range with this rifle.

Thanks for having me!

Welcome in Sir from SoCal!
    m14brian

Comment

Welcome to the forum. One or two forum members have previously sold some garand specific ammo here. If you buy modern ammo make sure it says it is specifically for a garand. Surplus ammo is usually HXP or Lake City. Be sure to disassemble and grease your garand. Also, check for the op rod rubbing against the stock. That is a common problem with the new CMP special grade stocks.

Comment

Welcome to the forum, if you go to the cmp forum you will usually find lots of ammo for sale.

Comment

Working...
        X