Hello from Pennsylvania

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Pennsylvania

Been an M1 admirer for years and was just able to pick up a July 1943 M1. Wanted something to remember my Father as he was in the Old Hickory Infantry Division that landed on Omaha Beach in WWII. It was important to me to pick up one a close as possible to what he would have used. Will post up pictures ASAP. Looking forward to hopefully contributing and learning about the M1. Take care.

Welcome in Sir from SoCal! By your user name it sounds like we got a muscle car guy which I'm a big fan of muscle cars, street machines, hot rods, rat rods. Congrats on getting your M1.
    m14brian
    Last edited by m14brian; 05-25-2021, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome m14brian, yes , I have a 70 Judge.

Comment

Awesome! I just have a rat rod right now, it's a '71 Pinto with a 289 and C4, soon to get a bigger motor. I had a lot of muscle cars since the late '80s but now they are so cost prohibitive. The Pinto is super fun, everywhere I go I get thumbs up and people want to talk and look at it.
        m14brian

Comment

• jak
          jak commented
          Editing a comment
          Brian. A 71 Pinto !!!! I haven't seen one of those in years. They usually rust away to nothing in Pennsylvania. I hope yours doesn't "explode on contact".

• RDS
          RDS commented
          Editing a comment
          Hope your running a fuel cell and not the original gas tank!

Welcome to the forum from Pa.

Comment

Welcome from PA.

Comment

Not to hijack, but.....
            Yes, 10 gal fuel cell. I have an explosives shipping sticker on the back window lol. Maybe the new guy will post a pic of The Judge!
            m14brian

Click image for larger version

Name:	My Pinto 002.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	396.3 KB
ID:	29682

Comment

• GtoJudge
              GtoJudge commented
              Editing a comment
              Very cool!!

Now that is nice!

Comment

Here's a few pics of the M1. I have yet to break it fully down. Parts have checked out to be within 8-10 months of the receiver. Really stoked. The private owner has owned it for 40 years. I've know him for 20. When I told him I was looking for a WWII SA he said he had one dated August 1943 based on the receiver. Been in his safe with at least 2 M1's of each manufacturer. SA, H&R and IH really cool collection with some bolt action WWI rifles. More detailed pics to come in the appropriate forum.

Comment

Comment

• RDS
                  RDS commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nice! Does it have the factory cut out pipes?

Thanks RDS, that’s a very rare option. I don’t believe any Ram Air IV Judges had the Tiger Button as an option

Comment

• RDS
                  RDS commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I remember the Pontiac tv ad with the cut out pipes. A young guy drives thru a fast food parking lot and opens the cut outs. The ad did not run long before it got pulled. I believed the ad can be found on you tube. Please post more photos, love to see under the hood and the interior. Your garage floor looks like you could eat off of it. It is a shame GM killed off Pontiac and Oldsmobile. My older brother brought new in 1966 a 442. The 442 was Oldsmobile's answer to the GTO. No it did not have the 3 -2s option.

Dang, that's super nice! Anything special to the motor or more or less keeping it stock?
                m14brian

Comment

Working...
                X