New Guy from Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Guy from Florida

I am a new member as of this morning and I live in Southwest Florida. I have been a firearms collector for 55 years, starting at the age of twelve. I like a variety of firearms but I have a preference for military surplus rifles and pistols.
    I inherited a Blue Sky Springfield 1942 era M1 Garand from my father three years ago. Other than the beat up beech stock, the rifle has nice arsenal refinished park and so far, it has all Springfield parts although I have to further field strip it when I have time to check several other parts. The bore is bright with moderate wear so I should consider myself lucky. The Blue Sky import marks have not distorted the barrel. All in all, this Garand appears to be in nice shape and fully functional although I have not yet taken it to the range. I thought about replacing the stock but decided to leave it intact as it gives the rifle character. There are no cracks in the stock.
    Thanks for having me on this forum and I look forward to leatning more about Garands and communicating with other members.

Welcome to the forum from Pa. One thing you may want to do to your M1 is replace the op rod spring. They are not expensive and a new spring will improve functioning.

Comment

Welcome in Sir from SoCal!
      m14brian

Comment

Thanks for the greetings and the advice. I will pick up an op rod spring soon. I saw a stainless steel spring on ebay for $10.

Comment

Working...
        X