Hello from Toledo, OH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Toledo, OH

Glad to have found this forum group. I pray I have the patience to stay out of conversations that are above my knowledge and to kindly share my knowledge.

I have been collecting Garands for 11 years and competitively using them for 16 years. I just now have been introduced to forums! I have all kinds of extra parts that are common to quite rare. Im hoping to find people who can use them and in the same light, find the few parts I need to complete my collection. My collection goal was and is to have an example SA rifle from each inspector so each rifle has a difference cartouche. The only exception will be a gas trap rifle that has a reproduction stock set, gas trap assembly, barrel, and sight pinion. The rest are as issued. On the other side I wanted an early war Winchester, late war Winchester, and WIN-13. In all I am still hunting for 3 Springfields and a win-13 to wrap things up. I had an opportunity to buy a mint WIN-13 missing only the op rod years ago and passed it up..... I made sure not to pass up the next two Winchesters I came across. I also wanted a 10 inch bayonet of each maker to put on them. Like most folks I still haven't found an O.L. or WT bayonet. The late Garands have the M5 or M5A1 bayonet of course. I am currently uploading my favorite, but not rarest, cartouche to be my profile photo. The stock is absolutely beat to hell but somehow the cartouche missed a lot of the blows.

Welcome to the forum.

Comment

Welcome. I hope you get to complete your collection.
      Looking for SA bayonet 1045220

Comment

Welcome from SoCal!
        The in laws are from Wadsworth/Seville across the way, we go back every year or so..
        m14brian

Comment

Welcome.
          Nothing wrong with adding to a conversation, especially if you ask if you are right or not. I have posted items and asked anyone more knowledgeable to call me out on it so I can learn something new, which is part of why we are here.
          As far as bayonets go, don't forget to have at LEAST one of the early long ones. We had two of them that were bring-backs by my career Army uncle. He donated those and some uniforms he sent home to a Belgian museum if memory serves. They were pretty cool bayonets.

Comment

Working...
          X