F.n.g.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F.n.g.

Thanks for the Approval and the invite, really not new to shooting Military hardware, been doing it for a long long long time. Military brat, military school reject, PFE for 40 years flew World wide, reserve OKANG retired in 1989 with 23 years, first 8 were in the ARMY Fort ORD Basic, delayed enlistment program, Army Reserves. Qualified with the M-1. At,ORD we fired the M-14. This was all in the 60s, started College under the Palace Chase,but when the Vietnam war ended so did PC. Graduated in 1978, no Jobs so I joined the Sheriff department retired as a reserve officer, during this time most of my firing range stuff was put on hold, joined the .confederate Airforce, and Civil Air Patrol. Flew there for 20 years, in the Air guard I was with the C-130, and got my Turbo jet rating in 1976 as a Flight Engineer. Lost all that in 2001 when the sand box went thru the towers in New York, Got my CDL and drove Truck Flat bed for 14 years. I deer hunt on a lease and MLD hunt at Fort Walters. And was that’s enough of me talking, need to clean my1903. And a firm Salute AJ

Welcome in Sir from SoCal!
    m14brian

Comment

Thanks M-14 have a sister living in ?Pasadena I was Based at L.AX for about 7 years. Spent some time at Mohave aircraft storage facility. You have a good holiday, Salute AJ

Comment

Welcome to the forum.

Comment

Thank you RDS, chomping at the bit! this Wednesday is supposed to be the big day. But this day we should never for get. Salute AJ

Comment

Originally posted by AJ Brink View Post
            Thanks M-14 have a sister living in ?Pasadena I was Based at L.AX for about 7 years. Spent some time at Mohave aircraft storage facility. You have a good holiday, Salute AJ
            Roger that, I'm about 30 minutes up the desert highway from PSP, I've lived all over SoCal but been up in the other desert in 29 Palms most of the time. You have a great holiday too and good shooting!
            m14brian

Comment

Hey M-14 I drove several times in my Flat bed to 29 palms, picked up US Marine equipment and hauled it to the Wilmington docks. Always gave me a back haul to the US Marine overhaul disposition center.

Comment

Welcome from Cleveland Ohio. I too was a military brat. I was born and grew up on Sub Base Nylon in Groton CT. My did did 23 years on diesel and nuke fast attack subs. I loved the tiger cruises we had. My dad was stationed in Hawaii in the late 60’s thru the mid 70’s. He had some good stories of the NASA capsules being stored in a hanger near his barracks. He also bought 2 M1 Garands still in the foil pack when they closed down the barracks on Ford Island. Unfortunately he did not have a gun safe and when our house was broken into in the 80’s they were all stolen. He paid $25 for each. Also stolen was a sub escape knife, similar to the mkV divers knife but this one was make for sub escapes and has a serrated edge on one side of the blade that could cut thru steel cable. I found one recently online and it was selling for around $1500. Wish we still had that too. Enough from me, glad to see a great bunch of guys that enjoy the same hobbies as I do.

Comment

• AJ Brink
                  AJ Brink commented
                  Editing a comment
                  A had a high school friend was in new Groton, he joined the Navy and I joined the Army on the same day, I had 23 years with the military, nice hearing from you Breezer, Salute AJ
              Working...
              X