Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

Hello everyone, I'm glad to find a forum dedicated to the M1 Garand, I have a personal project to build a Garand, got most of it, still missing the barrel and the stock, but have all the internal parts.
    I'm not from the US, I'm from South America, so I have limited access to parts, there are several M1 Garands hidden all across the country and with that a lot of parts, I just have to find them, I even had to get a few of them custom made like the pins and the screw of the elevation knob. Once I get the barrel with receiver I can register it.
    What I'm looking here is information, like the different types of parts and the history behind it, I know my country had some agreement with the US and for that reason we have Garands, but also, civilians here imported those rifles.

Welcome to forum. Go luck in your search. FYI, I worked as a volunteer at CMP (Civilian Marksmanship Program in Anniston Alabama, USA If you are not familiar with it)
    for a week about 12-15 years ago. I helped sort through crates of returned garands. The batch I sorted through were returned to the US military from Paraguay.

Comment

Hello Jak and thanks! During my research of information about Garands I found the website and videos about the CMP, I wish we have something like that program here, but sadly our right to have guns is not a constitutional right, also, I saw a couple of those gray pelican cases with the CMP logo on it here with a the respective M1s inside. And I probably have a couple of missing parts of the batch you sorted, I'm from Paraguay.

Comment

Welcome in from SoCal! Good luck with your parts search.
        m14brian

Comment

Thanks m14brian! I know is going to be hard since here you must know someone who knows someone who knows someone who knows someone who might know someone with Garand parts, and those parts might not be in mint condition, but that's the fun part

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Good luck in your pursuit. Please keep us posted on your progress.

Comment

Thanks RDS, I will, there are some parts that I have which I have no clue if they will work or not, but I will post about my progress

Comment

Welcome!
                Keep sniffing around. Something will turn up eventually.

Comment

Working...
                X