Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Howell, Michigan

Hi all,

Greetings from Howell, MI. I just joined the forum today, and am here to learn more about my M1 Garand rifle, sold to me as a National Match model some 25 odd years ago. Like another Michigander who posted here recently, I too had a heart attack. Mine was six years ago in February, was not life threatening (fortunately), and caught in time where I did not need bypass surgery, though the doc did put in two stents.

My Garand has been a safe queen ever since I purchased it, what with life and work and all that. In fact, I've never even fired a single round through it. Reading some of the other posts before writing this, I already see that some will agree with that choice, and others will not. To compound that, up until recently I also owned an M1A National Match which I purchased new in November of 1993, as a Pre-Ban rifle (manufactured in Sept. of '93) That rifle too, went unfired under my ownership. The new owner, a gentleman who has now become a friend, could not believe it was never fired... until he saw it. I even saved the original shipping bag and box, proof fire card from the factory, shipping tag and paperwork... in short every single item that it came with. The new owner couldn't be happier. But now HE too, has the same dilemma, whether to ever fire it or not!

I'll post a thread in the appropriate area regarding questions I have on my Garand rifle. Thanks in advance,

Les

Welcome to the forum. As for your rifle, it is yours and only you can decide if you want to shoot it or not.

Comment

Welcome to the forum Les

Comment

Welcome in Sir from SoCal!
        m14brian

Comment

Hi Les,
          Welcome from the once-great Golden State.
          As for your rifle--it's a tool and tools are meant to be used!!! Shoot it and enjoy it. Safe queens be damned!!!
          Jon

Comment

Thanks all, for the welcome and comments. All are appreciated!

Comment

Working...
            X