New Member from Georgia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member from Georgia

Greetings from Georgia, I am a newby to M1 Garands (I grew up, so to speak, on M16A1 and -A2 while active duty USMC '80 - '90). I was just gifted my M1 from my wifes uncle. I don't know much about it yet but want to learn everything I can about it. I do know it is having some issues, mainly the op rod will not come back far enough to lock the bolt back, and will not freely rotate for removal either. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forum. Did you check the op rod tube for debris or broken spring. Is follower rod connected upside down?

Comment

• sgthoffman
      sgthoffman commented
      Editing a comment
      I did chech the gas tube for debris, spring is good, and follower rod is installed correctly. I'm thinking it may have had some modern ammo fired through it that messed up the op rod.

I figured it out, the last time it was put together before I got it, the oprod catch was just slid straight in and the leg on it was not making proper contact with the clip latch, therefore it sat right against the barrel and didn't allow the oprod to come all the way back. It still has the issue of the oprod not rotating freely for disassembly so I have to remove the gas tube to remove the oprod, but hey...the bolt now cycles fully.

Comment

Welcome in Sgt from SoCal!
      m14brian

Comment

Working...
      X