Howdy from Texas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy from Texas!

Hi folks! I just found this forum and thought I'd join. I have one Garand so far, a mid-50's H&R "Special" from the CMP that I got a few years ago. I don't get to shoot it as much as I like, but it's my favorite firearm in my small collection. I hope to get another one for my other son to eventually inherit, but so far this is one I have.

Main reason I love Garands is because of their history in use during WWII and Korea. My Uncle Juan served as a Marine in the Pacific, fighting and surviving the Battles of Guadalcanal and Okinawa. My Uncle Manolo and Stepgrandfather Guilo fought in and survived the Korean War. None of them wanted to talk about their experiences, and I have no idea what rifles they may have been issued, but I imagine at least one of them had a Garand. I'm guessing my Uncle Juan was probably issued a 1903a3 or 1917 as a Marine in Guadalcanal, but may have later been issued an M1 in Okinawa?

Anyway, I hope to learn as much as I can on this forum and participate when possible.

That's a great family history. Welcome to the forum.

Comment

Thanks, Jak!

Comment

Welcome in from SoCal!
        m14brian

Comment

Welcome to the forum.

Comment

Welcome aboard

Comment

Enjoy our forum and thanks for stopping by.
              Welcome to the Addiction!

Comment

Working...
              X