• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stee
    Private
    • Sep 2019

New old guy Michigan is my home

shot competition for 40 years, had a heart attack four months ago, triple bypass, healing and have not shot anything bigger than a 22. but getting the itch to try my garand and see how chest holds up. Looking forward to talking garand with everyone here
  • m14brian
    Major
    • Jun 2015

Welcome in Sir from SoCal!

I have a close friend that had a heart attack then surgery and was in the same boat. I would wait maybe a little longer and when you move up start with an M1 Carbine or AR-15 or something like that first. The pain can be a serious thing also, when we hang out, a little while after dinner he might have a chest pain and say he needs to take a pill and he's done for the day, he has learned when he has reached his limit activity wise and doesn't push it and just rests, so i guess I just want to say please don't overdo it. It will all come back in time. In the meantime, there are plenty of knowledgeable guys on here to talk about the M1 with, and they have an incredible deep knowledge of it so don't be afraid to jump right in. We also like pics! Welcome again and I hope you enjoy the site.
    m14brian
    Last edited by m14brian; 09-06-2019, 11:24 PM.

Comment

• jak
      Master Sergeant
      • Nov 2015

Welcome to the forum. As M14brian said, take it easy and build up your endurance gradually.
      Looking for 16" SA bayonet Mfg 1918, S/N 1045220

Comment

• Stee
        Private
        • Sep 2019

my best friend passed away from cancer two weeks ago, Friday his brother came to my house and handed me an unfired Granand National Match Type 2 and a note from my bud to enjoy life and his rifle.

Comment

• m14brian
          Major
          • Jun 2015

I read your other post, since you already have two shooters, I would never fire this rifle, but that's just me. We're torn here on the site a couple of us like safe queens and most do not but since it was your best bud's and that's the way he had it if it was mine I would just pull it out and wipe it and hold it every now and then.
          Sorry to hear about your loss, Sir.
          m14brian

Comment

• RDS
            Captain
            • May 2016

Welcome to the forum. Very sorry for the loss of your best friend. Give your self time to heal. At age 74 my father had 6 bypasses done. He was very fortunate that they caught it during a stress test before he had a heart attack. Doctors said a heart attack would have been fatal. He just turned 89 last month and still drives farm tractors.

Comment

• Stee
              Private
              • Sep 2019

I think I will be hard pressed to ever load this rifle, I put it in a protective sock after a wipe down and a heart to heart with my bud. Need time to heal before I try shooting, love the forum, there is much to learn

Comment

• Jersey Devil
                Benevolent Dictator
                • Jun 2015

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and sign up. My condolences for the loss of your friend. Please make yourself home here and enjoy our community.
                Welcome to the Addiction!

Comment

• Stee
                  Private
                  • Sep 2019

Thank you Jersey, am loving the forum life just gets in the way some time

Comment

• TJT
                    Master Sergeant
                    • Nov 2015

Aww, come on Stee--it's just a tool and tools were made to be used. Load that baby up and let 'er rip!!!! Safe-queens be damned.
                    Jon

Comment

Working...
                    X