New guy from NH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New guy from NH

I just came across the forum the other day. Quite informative. I was a member of the VTANG, say what you want. I spent a year in the Kuwaiti desert on the Iraqi border in support of OIF 04-05 doing my part. I've just purchased my second Garand the first regretfully being traded off so many years ago not knowing what I had at the time. With age comes wisdom, right? I'm keeping this one. Thank you all in advance.

Welcome in Sir and glad you could join us!

Thank you for your service, and nobody had better say anything bad about the Air National Guard, I don't think anyone will because this is not like an AR forum and generally most people here are very helpful and fairly polite here, sometimes things can get a little misconstrued through text only as opposed to face to face communications. If there's an intentional problem, part of my job is to punish and ban for any trolling, the forum is supposed to be inviting to everyone. Enjoy the forum and ask/share!
    m14brian

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Nothing wrong with the VTANG.

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Thank you for your service.

Comment

Just came across the forum after buying my first M1 last week. While I never carried one in the Marines, Vietnam era (M14 then M16) my father carried one al over France , Europe and Italy. He and his Army buddies never talked much about specifics but when the Army asked dad if he wanted to buy his rifle for$1 he said “Hell NO! I carried that damn thing all over Europe and I don’t want to carry it no more!” He told me many years later how much he came to regret that. It took some time but I always told him that someday I’d buy one for him. Unfortunately he passed some years ago before I had the chance. Well, dad I finally got one and I’m going to think of you every time I hold it.

Comment

Artczech there's a wealth of good Garand info and advice here, welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by artczech View Post
              Just came across the forum after buying my first M1 last week. While I never carried one in the Marines, Vietnam era (M14 then M16) my father carried one al over France , Europe and Italy. He and his Army buddies never talked much about specifics but when the Army asked dad if he wanted to buy his rifle for$1 he said “Hell NO! I carried that damn thing all over Europe and I don’t want to carry it no more!” He told me many years later how much he came to regret that. It took some time but I always told him that someday I’d buy one for him. Unfortunately he passed some years ago before I had the chance. Well, dad I finally got one and I’m going to think of you every time I hold it.
              Hello and thanks for joining us and welcome! please feel free to start your own thread in the introductions, that's a cool story, the whole crew would like to read it and you'll get more welcomes with your own title. The Admin would prefer you have your own as well.
              Thanks,
              m14brian

Comment

Welcome aboard, and thank you for your service!
                Welcome to the Addiction!

Comment

Working...
                X