Repair of trigger group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repair of trigger group

In an ammo can I purchased is a complete trigger group that is missing one locking lug. Can it be repaired? Thanks.

I would not bother

Comment

Why? I realize there is a lot of surplus on the market now but why not repair.

Comment

If you have the material, the equipment and the expertise and know someone who can repair it or if you can do it yourself, repair it and let us know how it works out.
        Last edited by jak; 03-31-2022, 06:51 PM.
        Looking for SA bayonets 922033 & 1045220

Comment

Originally posted by Beltfed View Post
          Why? I realize there is a lot of surplus on the market now but why not repair.
          The labor/effort of someone that is skilled enough to do it and do a great job exceeds to cost of a replacement. If you are approaching it from the point of view that you are saving parts in the supply chain, then yes repair it if you can or get someone to do it.
          m14brian

Comment

It just seems like LOTS of quality work needed for little gain. Especially with the market being flooded with parts. Parts that are original and not welded repaired. JMHO.

Comment

Assuming it's a hardened brazed lug missing from a stamped guard, it'd have to (realistically) be sourced from another sacrificed guard. It would only be worthwhile (to me) if I had to establish that it could be done if needed. It may be time for a new(ish) part. If it's a sheared lug from a milled guard, that's been done. A CNC mill will speed things up dramatically.

Comment

I’ll just scrap it as it’s post WWII. I’ll save the other parts for someone down the road. I think the past gentleman I got it from was trying to make a correct rifle. I missed out on the Garands. This stuff moves fast, and as the old saying goes “The early bird gets the worm”. I will continue to add to my military collection from local sources as the CMP is shipping stuff like new wood and mix master parts.

Comment

Working...
                X