Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As new M14 trigger groups delivered today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As new M14 trigger groups delivered today.

Just picked up a couple of H&R trigger groups . One has an H&R hammer and K8 safety, other has a TRW hammer and H&R safety. I believe these are both brand new as the splines are pristine and not a scratch on the mag catches which , if anything, would show signs of wear. Love it when new 70 year old parts come on the scene. Whatta Hobby!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Trigger group 1.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	232.9 KB
ID:	32448 Click image for larger version

Name:	Trigger group 2.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	32449 Click image for larger version

Name:	Trigger group 3.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	32450 Click image for larger version

Name:	Trigger group 4.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	156.8 KB
ID:	32451 Click image for larger version

Name:	Trigger group 5.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	241.7 KB
ID:	32452

I would rather use original color parts and would also like the trigger guard with the brazed pin over the cheaper bent tab.

there is no way to tell if the reparkerized parts are salvage yard parts or just refinished well use parts Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010014.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	153.8 KB
ID:	32481 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010017.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	147.9 KB
ID:	32482 - just make sure they are not magnetized

Comment

Originally posted by RCS View Post
      I would rather use original color parts and would also like the trigger guard with the brazed pin over the cheaper bent tab.

there is no way to tell if the reparkerized parts are salvage yard parts or just refinished well use parts Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010014.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	153.8 KB
ID:	32481 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010017.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	147.9 KB
ID:	32482 - just make sure they are not magnetized

With over 70 M14s in my collection currently, I am no longer concerned with the color of the parts contained there in. The important thing to me is function. Careful examination of these parts and comparison with new show these are not warn at all as were the majority of the part we received from the CMP and others. Having been working on these critters for 56 years now, I have very rarely come across any badly worn parts. Most M14 rifles saw very little service contrary to some of the comments by a few that are pretty much clueless.

Comment

I was an armorer at Fort Leonard and worked on M14 rifles before the M16 came along. I have found badly worn parts from salvage yard venders and stocks were always a problem in service. I do not care for refinished M14 parts when original parts are available.

Comment

That's just one difference between the Army and the Marine Corps. We worked with and took care of our stuff. Was nice 55 years ago to have bins full of new parts to call on, but very rarely needed any thing except springs an occasional trigger guard and maybe a hammer. We lubed out rifles so nothing was ever worn.

Comment

Bragging about 70 M14 rifles is cool, except they are clones. same as your aftermarket parts (which are quality barrels and op rod stocks mounts etc but dont call them M14's)) . When a weapon is capable of selective fire your parts are subject to additional wear over the standard semi auto rifle. When parts are re-parkerized it is because they are worn or lacking original finish. Of course the CMP never received M14 parts from Crane or any other place where demil operations took place. Comparing branches of service is not smart except in a bar room.

You have some nice quality rifles and I always liked accurate rifles and I own some single shot Remington Bench Rest rifles plus other single shots, but often difficult to beat a quality bolt action on targets

Comment

Now, be nice. You have no idea what has gone into my rifles other than what I might have posted on forums.
              I will leave the bragging to others. My preference is to share facts, as I know them, with like minded folks. Most of my rifles have been assembled using USGI parts hand picked over the years and conditioned to meet my uses. Indeed many were done from niw parts collected at shows in the 70s and 80s when an M14 kit could be had for about 200 less the receiver. Many more parts were gifted to me by other collectors met on TTY gunboards before the internet that shared my enthusiasm. As for the nomenclature, all except 1 are M14s. Only in the last few years have I used any aftermarket parts and those were in specific rifles set up to be sub moa and have worked out exceptionally well.

Comparing services is a part of life. Never drank so I wouldn't know about the bar scene.
              Last edited by NF1E; 01-01-2022, 05:41 AM.

Comment

They look great, Art!
                Nice and clean with great finish. I could use one or two of these myself!
                Welcome to the Addiction!

Comment

Working...
                X