No announcement yet.

Garand Barrel Lining and Receiver Gage?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Garand Barrel Lining and Receiver Gage?

    Does anyone know what this gage was used for? I cannot find it any of my ordnance pubs, maybe I'm not trying hard enough. It is one of the many blue prints or line drawings I have from an Ord Off who was stationed at Aberdeen during the war.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3441.JPG
Views:	267
Size:	2.62 MB
ID:	21873

    It's an interesting gage, but not anything common. The M1 barrel alignment gage is a simple block that indexes on the gas cylinder spline. It is used by setting the receiver and the gage block on a surface plate. If it rocks side to side the barrel is not aligned properly. Part number B45949.