Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garage sale pick ups.http://imgur.com/a/BdqON

Comment

Lubriplate. I purchased a 1 LB can a few years ago. It will probably last my lifetime.

Also a New member to this forum. My 1st post

Chas

Comment

Originally posted by Chas100 View Post
        Lubriplate. I purchased a 1 LB can a few years ago. It will probably last my lifetime.

Also a New member to this forum. My 1st post

Chas
        Welcome aboard, Chas100! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and join up.
        Make yourself at home and stay awahile.
        Cheers,
        --Brian
        Welcome to the Addiction!

Comment

I visited Charlie in N Jersey before he moved, then later in Toms River. We lived in Toms River for around 11 years, leaving in 1970. Charlie knows his stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by RCS View Post
            collectors item
            I bought a gross of that back in 1980. I think I still have 40 left.

Comment

I just use the little yellow surplus containers for now.

Comment

I've been using Lubriplate 130-A but was sent some samples of XF-7 and I really like it. I gave some to Phil to try. That said; any grease will do. I'm thinking of using bacon grease on rifles when I get my FFL and start doing gun work.

Tony.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyBen View Post
                  That said; any grease will do. I'm thinking of using bacon grease on rifles when I get my FFL and start doing gun work.

Tony.
                  Yummy ......

Comment

Originally posted by TonyBen View Post
                    I'm thinking of using bacon grease on rifles
                    We should use an extra heavy coating during Ramadan tu1>.
                    m14brian

Comment

Ramadan and bacon! Has a certain ring to it, or should I say PING!

Comment

Walmart brand wheel bearing grease. To an M1, grease is grease, is grease, is grease.
                        ​Jon

Comment

Been using "Red-N-Tacky" applied with a 3cc syringe(I can get into the tight places that way) and then the mark 1 finger.

Comment

I’ve tried Mobil One red stuff, but I prefer Lubriplate. It applies and leaves a fine film. When you fire it stays on the gun. The top of the bolt receiver on the Garand top part and lugs need to be lubricated. I’ve herd that you never lube the trigger assembly, what about the safety that rides against the trigger left side frame, I place a thin coat of lubriplate their. My quick question is when it comes to the trigger guard assembly, do any of you troopers lube that part? CMP warns against putting any lube on the trigger assembly.
                            Last edited by AJ Brink; 12-11-2020, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Can't go wrong with Lubriplate or the later Plastilube they came up with in Korean era. Even the 630-AA version of Lubriplate works fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X