Maintenance insert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maintenance insert

Has any of you troopers used this orange Garand maintenance insert? Looks like it’s plastic some company in California not very expensive, I got a hold of some of that 30/06 M-2 ball ammo it’s corrosive, I’ve been shooting it in my 1903, you can reverse bore clean by removing the bolt on a 1903 I clean out that crap using Hot water ammonia mix, dry patching and applying the mix, do it 3 cycles. But the Garand, no way you can back patch the barrel. So I am thinking this plastic insert might fill the bill. And collect the ammonia solution, keeping it out of the receiver mechanism. Another option, don’t shoot corrosive in my Garand. Probably a better deal! AJ

clean rifle upside down...............

Comment

Hey Orlando: well I tried that,but didn’t like it.That Orange adapter I really like. let’s you see what’s really coming out of the Barrel, plus it holds the bolt. Years ago I bought a wood maintenance kit caddy, it will hold the weapon upside down, but when you clean that way,I use a stainless tray, I,-5 fingered from the airline, perfect for catching all that crap that comes out of the barrel. Working on my stock right now, been Hunting,but I haven’t seen a thing, going to head back home Wednesday noon. Great post, I guess we all think alike! Salute AJ

Comment

Working...
      X