How much copper can one barrel have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much copper can one barrel have?

The barrel on my newest garand has a springfield 65 barrel. I have been cleaning it for 2 days and i am still getting green patches. Did the previous owner never clean it or is there another problem? Anybody else ever run across this?

What are you using to clean with? Are you using a copper cleaner and a brush?

Comment

Im using butches bore shine and a brush went from dark green to light. Is it possible to overclean?

Comment

Yes it is , also remember if its a brass brush the chemicals are eating it giving false green patchs

Comment

So if my wet patches come out without green i have all the copper out?

Comment

I have two Remington 40XB single shot rifles, one in 222 Rem and the other in 308 cal and use JB bore paste as per directions to remove cooper fouling. Also works on military rifles too

Comment

Some of the "veteran" surplus rifles I've gotten had heavy buildups of metal inside the barrel. One of the worst was a #4Mk2 that appeared to be pitted, and I got it for a pretty low price. I wound up using SWEETS for almost a month, and wound up with a like new barrel after. When I sent nearly everything off to auction after a "red flag" confiscation attempt, that rifle I kept.
              The thief may possess something he stole, but he does not own it.
              The owner has a right to take his property back from the thief.

Comment

Working...
              X