New production of H&R M1 Garand, M16A1 and M14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New production of H&R M1 Garand, M16A1 and M14

The president of Nodak Div. of Palmetto State Armory did an interview at the Shot show. During the interview he showed an example of a H&R logoed semi auto retro M16A1.
    He went on to state when they purchased H&R they obtained the Technical data production package from H&R for M1 Garand production. They attend to put the M1 Garand back in production utilizing a forged receiver with H&R heel stamp. They are working on doing the same with a forged receiver M14 with H&R heel stamp. Interview is on You Tube.

This is outstanding news!!
    Welcome to the Addiction!

Comment

I would like to see them put the H&R M14 Guerilla gun in production. Two others I would like to see put in production are the H&R Reising Model 58 M1 .22 Cal. Trainer as used by USMC. and the H&R Simulator, M14,.22 Cal. Mark 1 Trainer.

Comment

Just another reproduction copy of classic battle rifles. Others have tried it and failed. And from PSA, ha!

Like the original SA Inc Garands, they will be overpriced initially, fail to sell well enough and become more conversation pieces than rifles that will maintain their value. They'll probably start out with some sort of commemorative garbage with laser etched stocks of famous Korean War or Vietnam battles they possibly appeared in packed in expensive display boxes so they can bump up the price for those foolish enough to make the investment. SA Inc tried that too. LOL. It wasn't too long after thar when SA Inc stopped selling repro Garands.

These may be going to be made exactly like the originals and may appeal to those who dragged their feet before CMP supply started going dry but, they will always be nothing but reproductions to anyone who really cares.

Comment

I saw that video. I think the M16A1 will do fine because of all the black rifle people out there. I might consider theirs or the Windham M16A1. I'm not sure about the others rifles. The people who don't care about the historical value of a garand, M14, etc might want one, especially if it's looks brand new versus a dinged up corroded CMP rifle. I sure Nodak saw the prices of garands on auction sites and at gun shows and that may have influenced their decision to start production but it still depends on the price and function of the new production run. Also, will the new garand be able to shoot modern ammo or be limited to garand specific ammo ?
          Looking for SA bayonets 922033 & 1045220

Comment

• TJT
            TJT commented
            Editing a comment
            I have a Windham 20" gov't model and like it a LOT. I think you'll be happy with it as well. Windham is the old Bushmaster. Same owner, most of the original personnel, and even being made in the original building.
            Jon

In the more repressive states, the Garand is the most effective rifle allowed ( for now). I can see an increased demand for the rifle in years to come.
          The thief may possess something he stole, but he does not own it.
          The owner has a right to take his property back from the thief.

Comment

Working...
          X