Synthetic Stock for M1 Garand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Synthetic Stock for M1 Garand

Any idea which company manufactured this stock and handguard set for the M1 Garand?

Welcome to the Addiction!

Bell and Carlson at one time made a synthetic M1 Garand stock set and so did Ramline.
    Last edited by RDS; 01-07-2017, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Local Cabelas had one of these on a Garand before Christmas. I should have bought it, as the price wasn't terrible. Timing not good.

Comment

That looks to be the B&C flavor with the typical "splattering" in the surface finish.

Comment

A Bell & Carlson? I like! They make nice stocks. Are these still in production?
          m14brian

Comment

MPI also makes a syn fiberglass M1 stock, I don't know about the hand guards. There in Portland Oregon if I have time the next time I'm down in Salem visiting I might swing by.
            Last edited by Phil McGrath; 01-28-2017, 01:24 AM.

Comment

I have a NIB Bell & Carlson stock set for the M1 Garand headed my way.......very excited!!

I wouldn't mind getting another set....just sayin'!!

Comment

You lucky Devil!
                m14brian

Comment

Originally posted by Jersey Devil View Post
                  I have a NIB Bell & Carlson stock set for the M1 Garand headed my way.......very excited!!

I wouldn't mind getting another set....just sayin'!!
                  Where's it at?

Comment

Originally posted by Phil McGrath View Post

Where's it at?
                    Still sitting in its box!!

Comment

This is an old thread, in any case AFAIK Bell & Carlson used to make stocks for M1s.

Comment

There are brown plastic stocks that are called drill team stocks. They are just like a wood stock and accept all the metal fittings. They are available from Fulton Armory, though they say they are not good for heavy shooting and are not accurate. I disagree, have them on my Garands and have fired over 1,000 rounds through a couple rifles with no problems and they are accurate.

https://www.fulton-armory.com/stocks...dsnometal.aspx
                        Last edited by tommo; 05-07-2020, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Tommo, that looks interesting. Is it lighter than a good wood set?
                          I might replace a clunky oversize stock set on a rifle with one.
                          The thief may possess something he stole, but he does not own it.
                          The owner has a right to take his property back from the thief.

Comment

• Smokey
                            Smokey commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I went ahead and ordered a stock/metal set to replace the later replacement overhaul wood on my DCM Garand. It's so oversize I can barely access the trigger. I'll post again after I install and try it all out.

The set came in, and I put the metal parts on with some filing, sanding and pounding. I then reassembled the rifle with the plastic stock. It fit very well, a little tight, but the rifle works with no binding, dragging or other fit issues. A Garand "purist" would puke at it with the obvious mold lines and reinforcing fibers showing, but it now feels far better in the hands and shoulders with the sights aligned. Overall I'm happy with the result. The only issue I have is the buttstock cavity won't allow the usual cleaning stuff. I can fix that with some tubing and spray-in foam. I now have another good utility rifle for use out on the property.

Comment

• Smokey
                            Smokey commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Not sure what the stock is made with. I suspect the heat of sustained firing might damage it. For my uses, which are a few rounds at a time, it should work well.

The rifle functioned and shot well, and to point of aim which I did not expect. This stock seems to work nicely and will remain on the rifle. I don't intend to use it for sustained firing as in a prolonged hot engagement, where the hot barrel probably would melt the plastic.
                          Last edited by Smokey; 12-16-2020, 11:53 AM.

Comment

• Smokey
                            Smokey commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Turns out the rifle is over a pound lighter with the synthetic stock. For something to actually use on my property, it wound up being a big improvement.
                        Working...
                        X