SAMCO M1D Unusual markings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SAMCO M1D Unusual markings?

A friend of mine picked up a M1D the other day and wanted me to look it over. It is a really nice early rifle with all the correct features, however, the stock is glass bedded (brown) and has NM marked on the barrel in the typical area where it would be marked on a real NM. The barrel is a 555 barrel. The rifle also has a NM gas cylinder and front sight as well as what appears to be a tuned trigger group. I believe I read in canfield or somewhere that some early M1D's were used as NM rifles for a short period of time but cannot find it again (am I in the twilight zone?). Did the Israelis do this or could this rifle have been used as a NM rifle? I assume the bedding as well as the gas cylinder was added later by the Israelis, etc., or maybe a long time ago by the previous owner but everything looks like it has been together a long time to include the 52 dated cheek piece. Any comments or information would be appreciated as I am not very familiar with the SAMCO returns other than what I've read on the net. I just thought the NM markings on the barrel were odd.
    Last edited by CCyooper; 03-24-2016, 09:52 AM.
Working...
X