No announcement yet.

Question for those with more knowledge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another thing to remember if you are going to shoot long distance is that an original scope was only 2.5 power,and they don't give you much to see,at least for me on my M1C.If you aren't worried about realism,you might want to use a higher power scope.

Comment

Rifle arrived back from Shuffs yesterday ready to scope. I used the Numrich block and mount. The thread fit was fine but the bolt seemed too long to tighten fully. I shimmed between the knob and mount and it tightened well.

The M84 repro came from keepshooting.com. They had a 15% off coupon at end of year.

I fired a few rounds in the back yard and the mount stayed tight. (Certainly no test). I oiled the cheek rest and installed it. Friday I will attempt to zero. This is an interesting project.
      My M1 (forger)D looks like this:
      Last edited by Airedale; 01-27-2016, 10:11 AM.
      Sergeant Major US Army (Ret)

Comment

The commercial mounts are the weak link. Hopefully it works out for you. If not you could always pick up a mount

Comment

I shot two enblocs through it in the pasture before dark.

Mount is still tight. I marked it.

Friday is zeroing day. Looking forward to it.

Comment

Two enblocs is not a good test for the mount

Comment

Originally posted by Orlando View Post
              Two enblocs is not a good test for the mount
              Agreed-Time will tell.

Comment

Finally had time to zero this rifle. My longest available pasture shot(on my mini popper) is 150 yds. This will hit the 6" diameter sweet spot easily and repeatedly. Odd set up but fun to shoot. There is a DMR match in June. It's set up for the AR platform but the match director told me the M1 would be fine. There will be skinny sammys (~3" wide) at 200-250 and 10"-18" plates out to 500. Should be fun.

Comment

Glad you finally got to take it out and enjoy it!

Comment

Originally posted by Airedale View Post
                    There is a DMR match in June.
                    Let us know how she shoots. That should be fun.
                    m14brian

Comment

Originally posted by m14brian View Post
                      Let us know how she shoots. That should be fun.
                      m14brian
                      The match is set up for AR style rifles (match description). The match in April had very few close (100-200) shots and they were offhand. Most shots were 300-500 yards and from awkward positions after some arduous movement. Should be fun.

Comment

If you have a chance too do some load development between now and then 135SMK inside 300yds and some 155 Hy-brids past will give the rat gunners fits with what the old gal can do.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil McGrath View Post
                          If you have a chance too do some load development between now and then 135SMK inside 300yds and some 155 Hy-brids past will give the rat gunners fits with what the old gal can do.
                          I have a good amount of Privi (for garand) that are dead nuts on from 200 and in (not tested past that). My 168 gr Custom Competition should do the trick further. The real problem with this set up is the loose nut behind the stock.
                          It will be fun.

Comment

Have fun, keep us in the loop.

Comment

DMR match canceled for this weekend. Disappointed!

Comment

Originally posted by Airedale View Post
                                DMR match canceled for this weekend. Disappointed!
                                Sorry to hear about that. I would be frustrated as well. Oh well, I guess you can only look forward to the next one. See if someone can take some pics at the next one!
                                m14brian

Comment

Working...
                                X