Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Value of M1D In US

Hey There.
    Im Norwegian, and from June 2021 M1 Garand might be illegal in Norway. I have one myself, a fully equipped M1D. But I havent checked if all parts matches.
    After these rifles become illegal here, we will be granted a reasonable time to sell it or dismantle, and Im considering the options I have. Dismantling this awesome rifle is painful and therefore im concidering to sell it to someone that can take care of it.
    This as an M1D that have been in the Danish Army and have been in storage for many years. We imported in from Milarm 25 years ago for my dads birthday as he also used such rifle when in Army in the sixties.

What is the value of such a rifle in US, and who could/should I contact?

Click image for larger version

Name:	M1D.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	29721
    Attached Files

I'm sure there are quite a few folks who would love to buy that rifle. What a shame they are being banned in your country.
    The thief may possess something he stole, but he does not own it.
    The owner has a right to take his property back from the thief.

Comment

Is it a Danish built or USGI built M1D ? What changes in you gun laws prevents you from owning the M1D ? Are there certain organizations that you can join that will let you to keep the rifle ? Unfortunately, individual US citizens are not allowed to import rifles from other countries without special import licenses. There are gun dealers in the USA that import rifles from other countries but they are in large quantity and I don't know if they would or are allowed to purchase a rifle from an individual like you.
      Looking for SA bayonets 922033 & 1045220

Comment

You could try searching Gunbroker and other auction sites and see what rifles like yours are being purchased for.
        The thief may possess something he stole, but he does not own it.
        The owner has a right to take his property back from the thief.

Comment

Too bad there's no way to sell it or send it to the US legally. A complete disassembly and one part a month for two years, maybe. All except the receiver which, basically, would negate it's entire value.

Comment

Good Day,
            Is the Danish FKF markings matching the receiver? When the rifles were imported from Denmark, did you notice if any of the stocks had the range sticker?
            Regards,
            Michael

Click image for larger version

Name:	Danish Gm50 range sticker (2).JPG
Views:	104
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	31342

Comment

Working...
            X