Kollmorgen/Kollmorgan? Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kollmorgen/Kollmorgan? Help

Sold at a auction last week. Was worried about authenticity initially because I was contemplating taking a flyer on a less than adequate description.. It was described as: A "U.S. marked M65 (which I know it is not) fixed 4x scope with Griffin & Howe mount has a crosshair reticle and clear crisp optics. Finished in flat black with windage and elevation adjusters and remains in excellent condition. The scope comes with an OD green colored canvas carry case that is marked ''MRT / 3-10-52'' on the back and ''CASE, CARRYING, M65'' on the front and remains in excellent condition." No stamping detail, provenance or closeup photos etc.
    I guessed it was what it appeared to be, a M1C Garand scope? The turret screw color and finish concerned me. Still have open questions. Any help/info would be greatly appreciated. Does the mount appear to be a repro or original? What gen is the scope? Experts elsewhere could not help so I came to the source.
    Just got some additional info from the auction house. Numbers on scope : FSN 1240-647-1108..Tel Rifle, 4XD, US M1C. On base: Griffin And Howe..etc.etc.
    Last edited by mjmd11; 11-25-2020, 09:14 AM.
Working...
X