Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good buy or bad buy?

Hello from Canada!
    I just recently purchased an M1D at what I believe to be a good price. According to the seller, everything is original and from the research that I've done before the purchase I think that he may be right. I'd like to get the opinion of you all who are much more experienced and familiar with Garands. Have a look at the pictures and let me know what your thoughts are. Thanks in advance for your help!

Cant tell anything from those pics, need many detailed close up pictures. The scope does looks suspect
    Last edited by Orlando; 03-22-2020, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Here's some more images...

Comment

The scope looks like a commercial made piece, not USGI. Cheek pad is laced with string not leather as it should be. Not enough pictures of anything else to make a determination
        Take a picture of other side of cheekpad, also of the bottom of the flash hider. Pull back op rod, what is stamped on side of barrel?
        Last edited by Orlando; 03-22-2020, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Also remove the scope from the rifle and take picture of both sides of the scope mount.

Comment

What happened to the original poster?

Comment

Unfortunately, I fell victim to a scam. I was told that the rifle had shipped and nothing arrived. The seller's phone number was no longer in service and they refused to reply to any of my emails. Lesson learned here folks. Do NOT buy online.

Comment

Originally posted by Canadianeh View Post
                Unfortunately, I fell victim to a scam. I was told that the rifle had shipped and nothing arrived. The seller's phone number was no longer in service and they refused to reply to any of my emails. Lesson learned here folks. Do NOT buy online.
                Sorry to hear that. I hope you contacted the police. Can you tell us the name of the seller so that others may not become a victim.

Comment

The seller went by the name of Daryl Demerchant although I don't know if that's his real name.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Sir. It happens more than people know.

It is usually safe to order online from Gunbroker from known trusted sellers with a lot of good feedback, the tradeoff is you usually pay more and that's Ok to me.

On the forum here, it is a small community and there are a few of the higher profile guys might have rifles for sale, or know someone personally they can point you to that is trustworthy. You can always ask any of us Mods if they know a seller or can vouch for a seller on this site.
                    m14brian

Comment

Sorry to hear this. I have bought many rifles online, in fact some of my most desirable I have purchased this way. . You just have to do your homework and be careful who you buy from.

Comment

I honestly thought I did everything that I could to verify that it was legit. The police have told me that people are going to even more extremes to take peoples money. So the moral of the story for me is to only ever buy in person. This whole interaction has soured me to online purchasing. At least for the foreseeable future.

Comment

• Pappy1600
                          Pappy1600 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          If you paid by USPS money order they have postal inspectors ,if you retained the receipt, sorry you went through this, I have been very fortunate to deal with trustworthy individuals.
                      Working...
                      X