M1D for fun gun games.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M1D for fun gun games.

Just joined up and did not find any info on my desire to have an easily mounted forward scope mount. I purchased a CMP M1D from the Talladega Marksmanship Park gun shop. I am new to Garands and want to use this rifle in the occasional multi gun matches we have here in Central Florida. I was wondering if there was a mount for a scope that used the original M1D block that was centered and in front of the magazine. I have plans to get a period correct mount and glass but would love a simple, easily removable scout type mount for the matches. The Ultimak model is a more semi-permanent option if I had a regular M1 but I am looking for a M1D mount. Any info appreciated.

Sorry but I never heard of a mount that you desire. The only true over the bore non scout mount that the know of is the S&K mount. With the S&K mount you must remove the rear sights as it mounts thru the receiver ears.

Comment

Like RDS, I never heard of a mount that does what you want on a M1D. There are mounts that replace the front hand guard on regular garands that would handle scout scopes, but those mounts won't fit on a M1D.
      Last edited by jak; 10-11-2018, 10:17 PM.

Comment

It seems like it would be a simple affair to use the M1D mounting block to mount a section of picatinny rail over the chamber leaving the action open for enbloc loading. Must not be a lot of M1D shooters out there wanting to put a non traditional mount on the rifle to make it a viable product. I am not in a position to have one custom made. I was hoping others beat me to it. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Anything can be custom made. You would need to start with a repro. scope mount and modify it. As the mount is steel you can weld to it. You need some type of plate welded to it that you could mount the picatinny rail. A simpler way would just form a right angle plate. The hard part would be locating the mount screw hole. The hole would need to be located exact so there would be no wobble.

Comment

Working...
          X