• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waiting for delivery on a 41.

Waiting for delivery, 41 barrel.

This one has been thru a few rebuilds.

Comment

will not have it for a week or so. The seller could not pic internals. have to wait.

Comment

Years ago, late 1941 SA rifles without British proof marked barrels were worth more than the Lend lease rifles. These were always difficult to find and still are difficult for the collector. When the
        Lend Lease rifle were common, a lot of dumb things were done to them: install scope mounts either on the barrel or receiver, replace anything with red paint, put on lock bar sights and a new gas cylinder. Sand off the cartouche or just install a recoil pad. A number of messed-up Lend lease rifles became donor rifles for collectors to restore non Lend Lease 1941 rifles.

Finding an original late 1941 non Lend Lease is rare, there is somebody who posts on this forum who does have one and original

Comment

• Jersey Devil
          Jersey Devil commented
          Editing a comment
          I hope they will share it with us!!!

Unfortunately I couldn't get any more pics. Price was not too bad, so I thought I would take the chance. Will post more pics when received. I know the lockbars are incorrect. Stock looks orig. but sanded. Curved oprod, no idea of internals. Seller says all matching, But, have heard that before!

Comment

Stock has original firing proof, than another firing proof and a post war P in the box firing proof

Years ago the CMP had barrel and receivers from late 1941 with matching barrels, most had the anneal color. All depends on what your building up.

Comment

Received this one.http://imgur.com/a/5wTTu

Comment

Nice rifle.I wouldn't let the lock bar sights bother me. After all, there was a war time expedient work order to replace flush nut sights with lock bars.

Jon

Comment

I know the collector who purchased s/n 296278 some years ago, this was Scott Duff's rifle and appeared on the cover of his book "The M1 Garand World War II. I have taken it apart a few times and made a data sheet. There were a few things that were changed along the way but - unless you knew what was changed - it would be impossible to detect

Comment

Love it......the rifle has a nice look to it.
                  Is that bullet guide notched, though?
                  Welcome to the Addiction!

Comment

Yes, guide has a notch.

Comment

Originally posted by 1563621 View Post
                      Received this one.http://imgur.com/a/5wTTu
                      How did the gas cylinder lock get the bite taken out of it?

Comment

May have been welded and the salvage resulted in the "bite"

You should be able to find a period stock with a minimum of rebuild stamps and without the extra p proof stamp (Check with CR in Toms River)

Comment

There was a post on CMP forum about the bite. That it was done on VFW M1s.Gas cylinder lock has a cut that looks like it was made to disable semi auto function; like some VFW rifles have. Copied the post.
                          Last edited by 1563621; 06-05-2016, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X